blade placement

Rhansom

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is the position of the blades important? How should they be placed? I have a Troy-bilt 46" deck, is their a special way to replace the blades? I have a bagger and the grass is clogging the chute, is this caused by the blade relationship or some other factors.

rocky4

Threads
Is the position of the blades important? How should they be placed? I have a Troy-bilt 46" deck, is their a special way to replace the blades? I have a bagger and the grass is clogging the chute, is this caused by the blade relationship or some other factors.
The blades have to be installed correctly . On the end of the blades there is a raised or curve area that has to be facing up
towards the deck. This is the lift that sends the grass to the bagger. A mulchning blad does not have the lift part. You can also
go to Troy-bilt web site and there is a diagram showing how to change blades. If the blades are worn down it will not send grass to bagger and may clog up.

gfp55

Threads
The blades have to be installed correctly . On the end of the blades there is a raised or curve area that has to be facing up
towards the deck. This is the lift that sends the grass to the bagger. A mulchning blad does not have the lift part. You can also
go to Troy-bilt web site and there is a diagram showing how to change blades. If the blades are worn down it will not send grass to bagger and may clog up.
Yes I think they call that curved up blade high-lift, sometimes the curved up part of the blade will be gone and it won't blow the grass out of the chute.