Blade Disengage Disengages constantly

RonBiffle

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a series 16 Snapper Rear Engine Rider. When I pull back the lever to engage the blade everything works fine. Generally is isn't but a few moments before the mechanism releases and the blade is no longer engaged. It happens without hitting any object or even without getting into rough grass. I had that entire mechanism replaced a few years ago and it did better for a while, but now it is a constant aggravation plus that lever pops you on the back of the right leg when it releases! I'm wondering if there is any adjustment to this thing or whether there is a simple part the wears out that can be replaced. Any help will be much appreciated.

Ron

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
What year is the mower.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check out this website; snapperlawnmower.danielcadams.com Series 16, scroll down to 250816b Snapper Riding Mower Series 16 Safety Instructions Operators Manual, right side of page, then free e book. Check out page 14 as well as other pages. Adjustments are necessary over time. For Safety reasons, always disconnect negative terminal from battery before working on mower. Hope this helps, Mark

RonBiffle

Forum Newbie
Threads
What year is the mower.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

I believe it to be a 1997 model. SN# is 75696209 and model is 331416BVE. Engine Code is 970128ZD.
Thanks for your response.
Ron