Big Box store Mowers

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ric, mellow out. You should feel pride in creating a classic thread. If you were a pop music diva , you'd be a millionaire!!:laughing:

Last edited:

Nwatson99

Threads
Apparently your smoking something you shouldn't be because I'm not your brotherView attachment 20989so I'd appreciate you not calling me that. and what other site are you talking about??

No problem just an expression, hope the PMS goes away soon, maybe find some midol or something.
Many other sites, you are that sheltered you only hang out here and never seen old topics get new posts.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
it happens all the time on my site as well as many other sites.

No problem just an expression, hope the PMS goes away soon, maybe find some midol or something.
Many other sites, you are that sheltered you only hang out here and never seen old topics get new posts.

Wait a minute, you said it happens all the time on my site. I just wanted to what your site was. So do you have your own site or was that just another expression?

Nwatson99

Threads
Wait a minute, you said it happens all the time on my site. I just wanted to what your site was. So do you have your own site or was that just another expression?

Nope I own a website, my own server, etc and it happens on it all the time.
I also help admin a few other sites which are related to firearms, hunting, etc.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Chill out brother, activity is activity it happens all the time on my site as well as many other sites. I agree 100%, my neighbor has a Lowes John Deere and if it was not for the color of the paint no one would know or even consider it was a JD, the steel bar around the bottom of my 7 Iron deck could built his entire deck feels like and that mower will get stuck on a dirt clod. The big box stores just sale el-cheapo to the suburbians so they can say they have a mower, quality wise it is not there, but with the size of the yards in most suburbs those little toys will last for years since it is used maybe 30 minutes to an hour per week.

If you go to lowes and look at a mower then go to a dealer and look at the same model mower it is the same mower made at the same place by the same people.

They don't make one for lowes and one dot the dealers.

Nwatson99

Threads
If you go to lowes and look at a mower then go to a dealer and look at the same model mower it is the same mower made at the same place by the same people.

They don't make one for lowes and one dot the dealers.

I stand corrected the dealerships around here do not carry the same model mowers as lowes "that is why I have never seen them", but yes they can get them if requested.
Those mowers are made in Greenville, Ten.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
I have looked at the mowers at Home Depot but after another issue with something from the big box stores I am far more leery of buying higher end things at such a place, the service seems better at a dealer.

And at dealers they have more knowledge on what they're selling.

jbwillson

Forum Newbie
Threads
I stand corrected the dealerships around here do not carry the same model mowers as lowes "that is why I have never seen them", but yes they can get them if requested.
Those mowers are made in Greenville, Ten.

It depends on what you mean by "made." The John Deere D series mowers are assembled in Greeneville, with components shipped there from elsewhere. Park a D 100 series mower next to a Husqvarna YTH. Swap the hoods. Other than the color, the two machines are virtually identical. Coincidence? I think not.

Blaine B.

Threads
This is odd. Why would John Deere want their name on an inferior product?

I thought that is why companies had multiple brands.

I thought that John Deere might produce a cheaper product, with a different label on it...as to not tarnish the John Deere reputation!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is odd. Why would John Deere want their name on an inferior product? I thought that is why companies had multiple brands. I thought that John Deere might produce a cheaper product, with a different label on it...as to not tarnish the John Deere reputation!

They been making junk riding mowers for years.

And they make Scott's mowers that also are junk