Bidding Acreage

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
You guys that cut a lot. How much do you bid per acre on larger properties?

Say 4 acres or more.

LoCo86

Threads
You guys that cut a lot. How much do you bid per acre on larger properties? Say 4 acres or more.

As you know it all depends on the layout of those acres, and the obstacles that come with it. Also you know your numbers and how much you need to make for your time spent on a property per man hour. I learned a long time ago that it doesn't matter how many yards you have if at the end of the day your not making any money. So don't sell yourself short just to get work if all its going to be is busy work. But I guess your looking for numbers for a price so someone else may chime in who might help you with that.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
As you know it all depends on the layout of those acres, and the obstacles that come with it. Also you know your numbers and how much you need to make for your time spent on a property per man hour. I learned a long time ago that it doesn't matter how many yards you have if at the end of the day your not making any money. So don't sell yourself short just to get work if all its going to be is busy work. But I guess your looking for numbers for a price so someone else may chime in who might help you with that.

I understand what you are saying. Basically I am looking to see how prices vary by area. On flat out open reasonably level ground we will bid it at like $40 to $45 per acre on multi acres if we cut it bi-weekly or less and minimal weed eating.

We have cut areas as big as 40 acres.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I understand what you are saying. Basically I am looking to see how prices vary by area. On flat out open reasonably level ground we will bid it at like $40 to $45 per acre on multi acres if we cut it bi-weekly or less and minimal weed eating.

We have cut areas as big as 40 acres.

I don't do large properties but that doesn't seem like enough

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't do large properties but that doesn't seem like enough
We try to get $45 to $50 per hr for a zero turn. We can cut more than an acre an hour.