Best Trimmer Line?

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
I own my landscaping business, and I have a variety of string trimmers, (Stihl, Echo, Troy-Bilt, etc.), and I wonder, is there a good brand of trimmer line? What brands last longer, what is best, what to avoid. Any help would be appreciated because I just want to run one brand of trimmer line.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm a big fan of echo crossfire

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm partial to this square string for a couple of reasons. It seems to cut well and it was free. It came in a box of auction stuff my brother in-law bought but he couldn't use it.

Attachments

• Trimmer string.jpg
    Trimmer string.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 24

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I own my landscaping business, and I have a variety of string trimmers, (Stihl, Echo, Troy-Bilt, etc.), and I wonder, is there a good brand of trimmer line? What brands last longer, what is best, what to avoid. Any help would be appreciated because I just want to run one brand of trimmer line.

There's a variety of trimmer line out there also and everyone will have a favorite line. Some will like Echo, others Stihl, others Gator line and so on with a dozen different brands. Some like .95 others run nothing but .105 Like everything else when it comes to lawn and landscape you get what you pay for. I personally prefer the Stihl X line, it seems to do or cut everything I've come into contact with and it seems to last longer than anything I've used prior.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I like the husqvarna line. But have not bought line in over a year. I bet I have a mile of line I have found at homes. Most never been opened.

image-2404557320.jpg

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
A big spool of crossfire lasts a season and a half for me. will cut anything reasonible. And some not reasonable if your willing to sacrifice a few feet.

I like it because I can buy it at home depot 5 blocks from my house, It lasts forever, cuts nicely. Thing I don't like is the little Orange pieces left in the lawn

Bob E

Threads
The thinner line cuts cleaner and easier, but also wears out faster. The thicker stuff doesn't cut quite as good, requires more power from the engine, but lasts longer.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
A big spool of crossfire lasts a season and a half for me. will cut anything reasonible. And some not reasonable if your willing to sacrifice a few feet.

I like it because I can buy it at home depot 5 blocks from my house, It lasts forever, cuts nicely. Thing I don't like is the little Orange pieces left in the lawn

Yeah the 5lb spool is the way to buy line. Saves a lot of money and it will last me a season for both trimmers.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
Thanks for all the replies. I run a variety of .95 inch line, (Genuine Factory Parts, Stihl X Line, etc), but I think I will look into the Echo Crossfire line. I have never used an Echo trimmer line, but I'm willing to test it. I think I'll just run Echo Crossfire and X-Line in all my trimmers.