Belts.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Gentlemen, This is issue that affects all brands I just could a general maintenance topic. Please your belts before installation for them to within specs.

I have known for year that aftermarket belts have to check for correct specs before installation or being into inventory.

But just recently ran across a JD that was not where near spec. My problem is that I brought a pair of the belts last year and didn't check them for length as the one I installed last year was fine. Well that not the case this year when I installed the second. The customer came back two days later with nearly broken belt. When I checked its length it was over 2" short. Spec is 1/2 x 141.7 but this belt was only 139". JD refused to replace the belt since I purchased it last Summer. I still had the customer's old deck belt so I measured it and it was 141" so I installed a new 141" Kelvar. So glad I invested over $200 for a 200" v-belt measure several years ago when I was so much trouble with A&I belts being short.

Now I had tell customer to go away and not come back as he was driving me nuts. Every day he was showing with a trailer to pickup his and he started bitching because it took two weeks to complete the work. The last he showed up I told him I would call him when it is really and not to be bugging about it.