Belt issues ????

GnLguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Later this month, I will be moving to a new location that is 3.25 acres. Great country setting along with convenience

I'm trying to research to find which lawn tractor would be good for my new location and I'm considering the Cub Cadet LGTX1050 50 in. 25 HP Riding Mower and the Husqvarna LGT26K54

Interestingly, reviews on both of these tractors seem to reveal that there are issues with both on chewing up belts and/or various deck issues.

Any thoughts on this? Are these problems coming from folks that have 2 left thumbs and not mechanically inclined or are there true deck issues with these tractors. Part of my property is fairly steep and can be rough. If there are alignment issues on the belts, terrain such as this would reveal it quickly.

Keith

Raw Dodge

Threads
Your going to spend all your free time mowing,grab a used 60" ex mark,bobcat,Toro,Ferris or dixie chopper ztr and be done in 1/3 the time....

packardv8

Threads
X2. You're beyond cheapo big box lawn tractor and into professional machine acreage. Yes, they're going to cost large dollars, but the time saved and the down-time saved will be worth it.

jack vines

GnLguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
X2. You're beyond cheapo big box lawn tractor and into professional machine acreage. Yes, they're going to cost large dollars, but the time saved and the down-time saved will be worth it.

jack vines

I have considered the ZTR mowers but I am concerned with the controls levers. I've had several surgeries on my shoulders and using the levers at certain heights will cause issues. In fact, using a steering wheel on typical tractor can cause problems if I don't pay close attention to what I'm doing. I would have to really look at how high the controls are located on a ZTR

Keep in mind that I wouldn't be cutting the full acreage each week and that I will need something that my wife could use as well. That was the reason behind considering the Cub Cadet and the Husqvarna with a 54' cut

Raw Dodge

Threads
Your going to hurt your shoulders a lot more using a steering wheel for 4 hours especially without power assist than easy to push levers for an hour and a half at the most...

Skyhop

Forum Newbie
Threads
If your sold on a lawn tractor look at the John Deere 530 with the power steering. I have both a scagg ztr and the JD 530.

LT1045wrh

Threads
Hi,
I have both Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor and ZTR. My Lawn Tractor has been down 100x more than my Zero Turn. I would prefer the Zero Turn for all my mowing.
I mow about 4 acres, some flat, some sloped and uneven. If you can ride and control a tractor, you can control a zero turn. Just go slow until you get comfortable with how the zero turn works.
Make sure you get a good engine in the zero turn. I have a Kawasaki engine and have had no problems, it purrs like a kitten and cuts fast and smooth. I've had both mowers for about 5 yrs and just recently had to change a deck belt and idler pulley in the zero turn. My tractor has had too numerous repairs to mention, pulleys, belts, switches, etc...
I wish you the best on your decision.
Wendy

danthefarmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I just posted LT 1050 and yes I've replaced 2 belts only 40 hours did find a spring off the pto clutch hoping thats the issue all along cub cadet says no warranty on belts so if you are mowing tough stuff I'd shy away
this mower mowed easy going flat and still belts broke they are 162 inches long 1/2 inch my opion too much drag
hope this helps Dan

snapsstorer

Threads
you having medical problems with the shoulder, you may want to look into one of the joystick control ZTR's. they may be a bit more expensive, but would be worth it. with the handle style your moving your arms more. i have ran both style's, and they do both have their upside's and downside's.