Baggers for Snapper mowers?

gitnby

Threads
Where can I find out what Snapper baggers fit what models?

Looking at buying either a 28" or 33" RER without bagger, and want to pick up a used or new bagger.

Thanks!

Duffer72

Threads
28",30"& 33" rer take the same catchers, 25 & 26" take the same ones. That answer your question?

gitnby

Threads
I think so?

So, if I buy a 28" or 33" mower, any bagger that was previously on a 28, 30 or 33 should fit?
That apply to all years?

Thanks!

Duffer72

Threads
Should apply to anything in the last 20 years when the current style was introduced in 90, according to a owners manual on line it shows what I said earlier. Watch out buying used as the plastic tops usually get cracked and the bag has a tendency to wear also , by the tme you start replacing them you would be better off buying new.

Dannie

Threads
Should apply to anything in the last 20 years when the current style was introduced in 90, according to a owners manual on line it shows what I said earlier. Watch out buying used as the plastic tops usually get cracked and the bag has a tendency to wear also , by the tme you start replacing them you would be better off buying new.

In order for a bagger to work well on a Snapper you should have a HI VAC deck and blade.I have tried it with a regular deck & blade and it does not work well.

Duffer72

Threads
He did say he was buying either a 28 or 33" deck which both are high vac decks.

gitnby

Threads
He did say he was buying either a 28 or 33" deck which both are high vac decks.

Ended up with the 33". It bags and cuts very well, but I have another problem.

See my post "Blade cuts too short"

jerryn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
I just bought an old 28" Snapper with Bagger. It's got a new hi-vac blade. I'm not sure if the bagger is the right one for the mower. It mounts fine but it sticks out more on the right hand side. I bought this mower to help with leaf pickup and to replace my older push mower. The old mower performed well but my son clipped the corner of the deck because he misjudged the right hand side. It was classic. The leading right corner caught a spindle on the deck stairs, yanked it out the wood, caught the second one, and on the the third before he stopped. The corner of the top bagger shell bent in, the wire frame bent a little as well, with a crack forming in the bend. I bent the wire back enough so the shell opens and closes ok.
Have any of you clipped a tree or whatever with the bagger and needed to bent the top frame back into shape ? What did you use ? Did you drill all the rivets out, remove the shell, bend the shell back and epoxy it, and heat the wire frame with a torch and bend it back in place ? Or should I just bend it enough so it works and patch the crack with some epoxy ?

Attachments

• snapperbang-2.jpg
    snapperbang-2.jpg
    636.1 KB · Views: 9

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Best bagger on planet Earth is a Snapper Hi-Vac deck with the Snapper lift kit bolted to the blade. Nothing comes close, end of message. Used every mower out there. Most are disappointing. You can slap 7 blades together and not surpass this mark.

1699573263531.png

1699573323670.jpeg

HomeyHal

Threads
Did you drill all the rivets out, remove the shell, bend the shell back and epoxy it, and heat the wire frame with a torch and bend it back in place ? Or should I just bend it enough so it works and patch the crack with some epoxy ?
My bagger is different, but I’ve had some success by purchasing a plastic welding kit. If it’s a simple crack, you can actually make it stronger than new. Mine has several areas that have worn thin from years of sand blasting and I’m still trying to figure out what is the best sheet plastic to use for patches. The repaired bagger isn’t pretty, but the grass doesn’t seem to mind.