Fuel Bad fuel after 24 days?

Countryboy69

Threads
So I picked up my new gth24v52ls with the Kawasaki engine in it on May 30. Filled it up on the way home. Cut grass fine for 2 weeks. The third week it just up and quit. No sputtering or anything. Fooled around for about an hour and it started back up. Ran fine for about 5 minutes and quit again. Got it going again and quit after another 5 minutes or so. Called the dealer and took it back. It only had about 7 hours on it. Stored in the garage. Reputable fuel station with lots of turn over so the fuel shouldn't have been an issue.

Call the dealer and he says is was bad fuel, carb was all gummed up and watering the fuel and it is yellow. I said fuel doesn't go bad in 3 weeks. So I go in and get a bill for $150. I also brought in my fuel to compare them to. My fuel out of my gas can is on the right, the gas out of my mower is on the left. They couldn't look more different. So I ask since my fuel from my can is clean couldn't the fuel that they put in it be the cause of it?

I got looking around and looked at the serial number and got to wondering if it was last years model? Can anyone verify this for me? Thanks.

Attachments

• image-2083341973.jpg
    image-2083341973.jpg
    513.8 KB · Views: 40
  • image-250204757.jpg
    image-250204757.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 23

Wildcat

Threads
Are you asking if the fuel that was in the mower when you bought it was bad? I have to say maybe. It's hard to judge how long fuel sits in those mowers. I've notice that some places only put in a splash of fuel just to move them around or for the customer to start it and hear it run.

What I would do, and it maybe hard to do, go to the gas station and tell them that their fuel gummed up your carb on your mower and present them with the bill. I doubt you will get anywhere with it but its worth a shot.

Countryboy69

Threads
I'm trying to make sure that it is in fact a 2014. The first part of the model number is 050213 which maybe it was built on May 2 2013. It is the only thing date wise on the machine that makes sense. They never said it was a previous model. I can't see my gas as being bad enough to gum up a carb in 3 weeks when the gas in the can is the same stuff that is in the tank.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Date of manufacture is correct of May 2, 2013. Dealer could of still received it from his supplier this year though.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It sounds to me like the dealer is trying to pull a fast one on you. I guess another reason to buy from the big store.

Countryboy69

Threads
I guess I'll call husqvarna and see if they will do anything. Talking to the dealer owner got me no where. When I showed him the fuel out of my gas can all he could do is shrug his shoulders.

tomsteve

Threads
them fuel colors is tellin me something was added to the fuel at the dealer. if the dealer owner just shrugged his shoulders, id think about finding anew dealer.

Countryboy69

Threads
I'll never step foot in that dealer again, I bought from a dealer I hopes of better service only to have this crap happen.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
I can see it from both sides being a machinery dealer.

The dealer and manufacturer didnt put the fuel in so they cant be held responsible.

If the dealer changes the fuel and it fixes the problem then its a fuel quality problem which can either be from the customers supply or the supply where the customer buys it.

Being a dealer and one of my customers does have this problem then i will probably repair foc but thats only because i sell at full rrp to cover this if it happens.

I dont want to lose a customer over a simple problem.

And yes fuel can go off very quick.

Countryboy69

Threads
Ok. How can gas in the mower go bad when the gas in the gas can is good when they were bought at the same time? That's the issue I have.