b/s engine help please

rikh

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I need some help, I have a Husqvarna yth2242t with a b/s 22 vtwin the mower sat for 2 mo. while doing repairs new belts,blades pulleys etc. after it was done drained gas,installed new fuel filter,changed oil and filter adj. valves to .006 cleaned plugs put obout 6oz seafoam in tank with new gas started up ok but seems to be running rich., run at med. to fast idle ok but will not run at slow idle unless choke is out a little, sprayed carb cleaner into carb a few times no help one question is I noticed very little gas in fuel filter is this normal? it dosent seem to be starving for fuelany help would be appreciated. thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please post the engines model numbers, so we know which Briggs you have. Does it have a fuel pump?

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
When running my Intek fuel filter is never full.

rikh

Forum Newbie
Threads
Please post the engines model numbers, so we know which Briggs you have. Does it have a fuel pump?

mod.# 441777, yes it does have a fuel pump

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The carb on this engine is one of the more difficult ones to clean and get adjusted properly. Fuel filters are not always full for the engine to run properly. You state that the engine seems to be running rich and only runs poorly under idle conditions. That being the case, in my opinion I feel that you are going to need an experienced mechanic take a look at the unit. Here is a manual which may help you understand my reasoning.

https://doc-0g-5o-docs.googleuserco...253/*/0B6NaqjIxWV1yZHlwUk9CWlNwYVE?e=download

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi I need some help, I have a Husqvarna yth2242t with a b/s 22 vtwin the mower sat for 2 mo. while doing repairs new belts,blades pulleys etc. after it was done drained gas,installed new fuel filter,changed oil and filter adj. valves to .006 cleaned plugs put obout 6oz seafoam in tank with new gas started up ok but seems to be running rich., run at med. to fast idle ok but will not run at slow idle unless choke is out a little, sprayed carb cleaner into carb a few times no help one question is I noticed very little gas in fuel filter is this normal? it dosent seem to be starving for fuelany help would be appreciated. thanks

I hope you find something helpful here..... Boobala :wink:

View attachment MY ENGINE O-H MANUAL.pdf

View attachment Carburetion_Troubleshooting_Detail_Reference_Guide.pdf