B&S 14.5 HP I/C Stalling Issue

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I completely removed the fuel tank and fuel line (new this year) yesterday. I blew everything out with compressed air, but there was no internal dirt present to begin with. As an extra measure, I took the fuel tank and cap into the kitchen and gave them a good scrubbing in a sink full of soapy water. After everything air dried for an hour, it is all back together. Next test will come in a week or so when time to mow again. I suspect it will act the same. If so, steaming the carbon off the valves with water dribbled into the intake will be my next step.

Way back in the olden days this was common thing to do the two strokes before we got special 2 stroke oils that do not build up heavy carbon deposits.
Use a trigger spray bottle set to the finest spray you can get.
Start the engine and run it for a good 10 to 20 minutes to get it fully hot.
Remove the muffler
Spray slowly with the engine at full speed and when you have finished run the engine for another 10 minutes for the engine to develope a replacement oil film on everything.

I give you a 50:50 chance of pulling this off without blowing the head gasket , cracking a ring of IF there is a carbon build up ( i seriously doubt that ) getting a blob of of carbon stuck under the exhaust valve.

Modern engines run really lean now days so finding a carbon build up usually means a blown gasket , leaking inlet valve seal, bad rings or blocked breather.