Avgas in my engines....

jamminloud

Threads
I'm running Avgas (100LL) in my chainsaws and trimmers and they love it!

No more trips to the shop for me. No more gum, varnish, rust, crumbled rubber, and crappy performance.

I don't care if it's $5.29 gallon. :smile:

lidnr2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Oh Yeah!!! They start every time. 1 pull, maybe 2nd.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm running Avgas (100LL) in my chainsaws and trimmers and they love it!

No more trips to the shop for me. No more gum, varnish, rust, crumbled rubber, and crappy performance.

I don't care if it's $5.29 gallon. :smile:
Excuse my ignorance, but exactly what is Avgas and where do you purchase it??? Do you run it in your BadBoy mower as well? If it's that good, I would(I pay close to that for Regular grade non-Ethanol gas in my area and that's all I run in my small engine equipment....including my boat).
EDIT:
Ooops, didn't know until I read your post in the "Are Bad Boys Any Good" thread that your BB ZTR is a diesel:0)

lidnr2

Forum Newbie
Threads
I get mine at the local airport.

jamminloud

Threads
Excuse my ignorance, but exactly what is Avgas and where do you purchase it??? Do you run it in your BadBoy mower as well? If it's that good, I would(I pay close to that for Regular grade non-Ethanol gas in my area and that's all I run in my small engine equipment....including my boat).
EDIT:
Ooops, didn't know until I read your post in the "Are Bad Boys Any Good" thread that your BB ZTR is a diesel:0)

Avgas is just short slang for Aviation Gas. It's 100 octane with a trace of lead in it. That's why they call it 100LL (low lead).

I own an old muscle car and run 100LL in it. No fuel problems anymore in the car. The old car sits a lot. My mechanic was the one who told me to start running 100LL in everything. But don't run it in anything with a catalytic converter. :smile:

You could run a tank of it through your mower once in a while if you mow a lot. The cost would be prohibitive for a commercial operation I suppose, but it's the best gas out there right now if you ask me.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Avgas is just short slang for Aviation Gas. It's 100 octane with a trace of lead in it. That's why they call it 100LL (low lead).

I own an old muscle car and run 100LL in it. No fuel problems anymore in the car. The old car sits a lot. My mechanic was the one who told me to start running 100LL in everything. But don't run it in anything with a catalytic converter. :smile:

You could run a tank of it through your mower once in a while if you mow a lot. The cost would be prohibitive for a commercial operation I suppose, but it's the best gas out there right now if you ask me.
Duhhhh, seems like I shoulda figured that out(Av=Aviation:0) BTW, my father-in-law is into "classics" and has a 1971 Chevelle SS 396 and a 1958 Fairlane(with the "hide-a-top"). I "think" he is running 10% Ethanol in both of them(and they are driven limited miles...mostly to car shows). I am going to recommend that he consider the Avgas(which is what I would run in them if they belonged to me....which I really wish I had that Chevelle:0)

jamminloud

Threads
Duhhhh, seems like I shoulda figured that out(Av=Aviation:0) BTW, my father-in-law is into "classics" and has a 1971 Chevelle SS 396 and a 1958 Fairlane(with the "hide-a-top"). I "think" he is running 10% Ethanol in both of them(and they are driven limited miles...mostly to car shows). I am going to recommend that he consider the Avgas(which is what I would run in them if they belonged to me....which I really wish I had that Chevelle:0)

I have a '71 Dodge Challenger R/T with a 383cu.in. HP motor.

The difference in performance on 100LL and premium unleaded is like night and day. I will never put crap gas back in it if I can help it. We just recently replaced the fuel tank, pump, and carb because of the crap gas. The car sits too much. :smile: