Ariens zoom xl48

Brucebotti

Threads
I was looking at the above ZTR, and it now comes with a Kohler Courage motor. The manual I downloaded shows a Kawasaki motor on all the Zoom XL's. do you know what year they stopped installing the Kawasaki?
Thanks,
Bruce

earthworm

Threads
I was looking at the above ZTR, and it now comes with a Kohler Courage motor. The manual I downloaded shows a Kawasaki motor on all the Zoom XL's. do you know what year they stopped installing the Kawasaki?
Thanks,
Bruce
I'll guess that Ariens/Gravely are as two peas in a pod...much like the old Dodge/Plymouth or Chevrolet?Pontiac...
Maybe at a good Gravely place....
I am/was looking at an EZR Ariens, 2003 model year....no Kawasaki....these engines do bring a preminum...

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'll guess that Ariens/Gravely are as two peas in a pod...much like the old Dodge/Plymouth or Chevrolet?Pontiac...
Maybe at a good Gravely place....
I am/was looking at an EZR Ariens, 2003 model year....no Kawasaki....these engines do bring a preminum...

Brucebotti,
As pointed out by user earthworm, Ariens now owns Gravely so there is a lot of similarity between the two lines in the Residential units(the Gravely ZT XL is similar to the Ariens Zoom XL but the Gravely has the Kawasaki FR series engines). The real difference between the Ariens and it's big brother the Gravely is when you get into the high-end Residential and Commercial Gravely models. Ariens only has one Commercial model, the Pro Zoom(same as the Gravely Pro Ride 200 series) but Gravely has a whole bunch of different Commercial series from $6k-$7K up to significant double digit $K models. The 54" Ariens Pro Zoom is exactly the same MSRP as the 54" Gravely Pro Ride 200 and there are some "diffences" in engines and other details but they are basically the same quality of machines. IMHO, the Ariens are a "Buick" quality and the Gravely is a "Cadillac" quality.