Ariens 42" tractor won't start

Crescent Fresh

Forum Newbie
Threads
First post :) or more like :( due to the situation.
14 month old Ariens 42" hydro with the 20HP B&S (Home Depot).
Will not start. Plenty of fuel, has spark (new plugs, too), fully charged battery, clean air filter, starter working like it should but engine doesn't even sound like it's trying to start.
It did this a few weeks ago and I let it sit overnight and then it started the next morning, but this time it's not willing to start.
It's always been rather difficult to start if it's sat more than a week, but starts right up if the engine is warm.
Any ideas?
Also, any idea how I can bypass the safety switch on the seat? I hate turning it off to open gates or move toys out of the way.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do you hear a click up by the carb when you turn on the key. if not then the afterfire solenoid may not be working. sounds like engine may not be getting fuel to start. you may be able to shut off the deck and lock the parking brake to get off to move objects or to open the gate and keep the engine running.

Crescent Fresh

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks. Parking brake worked. I poured a tiny amount of fuel into the carb and it fired right up. It was a last resort.

Crescent Fresh

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok. If this thing sits for more than 10 minutes, I have to pour a little gas into the carb or it won't start. Starts up and stays running no problem after that, though.
Any ideas?

frig

Forum Newbie
Threads
Want is the beat way to charge the battery