Are there any ZTRs with an EFI engine for about $6,000 - for residential use

oxonian

Threads
  • / Are there any ZTRs with an EFI engine for about $6,000 - for residential use
Hello friends,

I hope all of you are doing well. After much learning, thanks to this forum, and also learning about our property, my partner and I have decided to buy a ZTR to maintain our acreage property, about 7-8 acres of land that will need attending. Our land is not that smooth, some of it is rough, because it was not maintained too well by the previous owners.

This is for residential use only.

We will complement the ZTR with a tractor with a brush hog in a couple of months. Once we have the tractor, then the area to be maintained by the ZTR will be smaller, as the tractor will be used to cut the grass in most of the pasture area, which does not need to look as pretty or be mowed that often.

We have a budget of about 5-6k, we are located in the Houston, TX area. We are considering about a 52inch deck but can go larger if needed. We saw a lot of brands at various dealers, near and close, and are overwhelmed with the choices available.

I will post some of the options I have seen thus far, in case that helps, and maybe some of you can guide us further?

Another reason for this post is, that a friend told us that EFI engines and a suspension type seating would make the ride much smoother. This is an important consideration for me, as my partner has orthepedic issues (back and knee) and her parents will also use the machine.

Does anyone have a recommendation for sort of the entry level ZTR models with an EFI engine and good suspension?

We do not mind spending a bit more than our budget, maybe up to $6500 or so, if there is marked difference.

We really appreciate your help.

Thank you very much,
Oxonian

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Are there any ZTRs with an EFI engine for about $6,000 - for residential use
Toro has to be the best suspension system I have seen. I have not ridden one except on a parking lot but wow it is nice.
https://www.toro.com/myride/

zmister11

Threads
Hello friends,

I hope all of you are doing well. After much learning, thanks to this forum, and also learning about our property, my partner and I have decided to buy a ZTR to maintain our acreage property, about 7-8 acres of land that will need attending. Our land is not that smooth, some of it is rough, because it was not maintained too well by the previous owners.

We will complement the ZTR with a tractor with a brush hog in a couple of months. Once we have the tractor, then the area to be maintained by the ZTR will be smaller, as the tractor will be used to cut the grass in most of the pasture area, which does not need to look as pretty or be mowed that often.

We have a budget of about 5-6k, we are located in the Houston, TX area. We are considering about a 52inch deck but can go larger if needed. We saw a lot of brands at various dealers, near and close, and are overwhelmed with the choices available.

I will post some of the options I have seen thus far, in case that helps, and maybe some of you can guide us further?

Another reason for this post is, that a friend told us that EFI engines and a suspension type seating would make the ride much smoother. This is an important consideration for me, as my partner has orthepedic issues (back and knee) and her parents will also use the machine.

Does anyone have a recommendation for sort of the entry level ZTR models with an EFI engine and good suspension?

We do not mind spending a bit more than our budget, maybe up to $6500 or so, if there is marked difference.

Thank you very much,
Oxonian

Some of the Husqavarna zero turns have the Kohler efi motor. And their running a sale at my dealer right now. Idk if it's a nation wide sale or not though. Or the price. But maybe u could check them out. I demoed one before I got my exmark and they seemed pretty tough! And I don't have that many hours on my efi yet. But so far I love it. But I believe the mower is a Husqavarna pz or pzt 52. Good luck!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello friends,

Another reason for this post is, that a friend told us that EFI engines and a suspension type seating would make the ride much smoother. This is an important consideration for me, as my partner has orthopedic issues (back and knee) and her parents will also use the machine.

Thank you very much,
Oxonian

If your looking at a 52" My ride ZTR with the EFI engine your looking at the Toro ZMaster 5000 model and it has a price tag of $12,666.00. You'll be hard pressed to find a ZTR with the EFI engine for the price you quoted. For 7 to 8 acres of property I'd stay away from anything residential. Personally if I were you with 7/8 acres I'd look into the Gravely Pro Turn 200 with a 72" deck and the 31hp Kawasaki FX engine. I do 15 acres weekly with one and it handles it without a problem.

Thumb.aspx

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
What I forgot to say was EFI for a mower is not like a cars EFI. What ever you buy you had better like your dealer because unless you have a lot of dealers you are stuck with him. Right now in the US they are trying to make it illegal to work on any thing ran by software. I personally would not buy EFI. Carbs work just as well as fuel injection except in the cold.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
If your looking at a 52" My ride ZTR with the EFI engine your looking at the Toro ZMaster 5000 model and it has a price tag of $12,666.00. You'll be hard pressed to find a ZTR with the EFI engine for the price you quoted. For 7 to 8 acres of property I'd stay away from anything residential. Personally if I were you with 7/8 acres I'd look into the Gravely Pro Turn 200 with a 72" deck and the 31hp Kawasaki FX engine. I do 15 acres weekly with one and it handles it without a problem.

Thumb.aspx

My Ride is in the 3000 5000 and 6000 series.