Anyone else into traditional wet shaving?

RetiredGuns

Threads
After shaving every single day for 20 years while in the Corps, it was not exactly something I enjoyed. Fast forward a few years and I found a way to enjoy shaving again. I got into old fashioned double edge razors, straight razors, brushes, cream and soaps. It's a whole different world than electrics and expensive cartridges. Picking out the days razor, brush, soap/creme, blade after shave, etc.. is almost a hobby and less of a chore. Anyone else?

currentden1.jpg

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I use the old double edge razor and Noxzema.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've always wanted to try it. Never got around to it. I just use my wifes cheap disposable razors and shave gel.

Is there a place you can buy a kit for this ?

RetiredGuns

Threads
I've always wanted to try it. Never got around to it. I just use my wifes cheap disposable razors and shave gel.

Is there a place you can buy a kit for this ?

I just gave away a complete starter kit on Badger & Blade forum. Been giving away razors, brushes, blades for years. I am out of giveaways right now. You can buy soap, cheap brush & blades at Walgreens and CVS. Good working vintage Gillette razors can be found at flea markets, estate sales and antique shops for a few bucks.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thought about trying a straight razor, but afraid I will cut my own throat lol.

X-man

Threads
I just use the cheap Gillette two-blade razors with shaving cream.

I have an electric razor but I only use it on mornings that I'm in a hurry.

Zeroturner

Threads
I have a very short beard that requires me twice a week to shave my neck and a little on the cheekbones in an effort to shave as little as possible. I do this shaving with lather and throaway razor.

Weekly, I trim the rest of my beard with a Wahl Senior professional clipper. I've been using this thing for about 30 years without a hiccup.

Once, many moons ago, I shaved off my beard just to see what I looked like without it and my daughter didn't recognize me. But, seeing myself shorn, I felt as embarrassed as Gabby Hayes did when he shaved his off. Gabby wasn't seen in public for 6 months...and I felt the same way. Beards can cover up a lot of ugly.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just put a short guard on the clippers and trim my beard. Then Take the guard off and trim my neck and shape things up.

Howdy Doody

Threads
I just gave away a complete starter kit on Badger & Blade forum. Been giving away razors, brushes, blades for years. I am out of giveaways right now. You can buy soap, cheap brush & blades at Walgreens and CVS. Good working vintage Gillette razors can be found at flea markets, estate sales and antique shops for a few bucks.

There is a store in my local mall called "The Art of Shaving" that sells brushes, shaving creams, razors of all kinds and all kinds of other shaving related things. I used to wet shave for about 35 years and just changed about a year ago to an electric shaver. I did not buy the best one since I did not know if I would like it or not, but I do like it. Used to shave in the shower and it would basically waste lots of water while I finished shaving. Pretty cool technology on the electrics and the shave is not too bad too. I used to change out my razors about every 3 days since my beard is rough so I would spend lots of $$ on disposables. I have yet to change the head on my electric and changing the head would cost me about $20 which is much better than $20 or more per months on disposable razors. Using a straight razor takes some serious skill and practice and I would have some serious chunks out of my face by now! Just my 2 cents.