any iseas on making a Briggs muffler quieter?

designr

Threads
I have a 15.5 briggs lawn tractor it is really loud any ideas on quieting it down?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Build a SuperTrapp muffler .. You can make it as quiet as you wi$h...
Model 5S Mufflers
:smile:KennyV

designr

Threads
Build a SuperTrapp muffler .. You can make it as quiet as you wi$h...
Model 5S Mufflers
:smile:KennyV

I saw that muffler online Kenny It seems to be very interesting would you mount that like a stack or would it fit under the deck like the stock muffler? Thanks for the info Kenny

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Lots of different methods But you will have to have space for any larger more efficient muffler, you May find that electronic noise canceling headphones will be the most practical. :smile:KennyV

panabiker

Threads
Do you have bad muffler, in which case, changing it may quiet it down. I heard people have good result with the 5S Super Trapp but as soon as the exhaust noise subsides, the noise from something else would become the most annoying one and you start over again ...

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a 15.5 briggs lawn tractor it is really loud any ideas on quieting it down?

To make your existing muffler really quiet....remove it and put it on your workbench. It will be very quiet as long as it stays right there....of course your lawn tractor is gonna be a LOT louder now:0)