Any body see the new Dixie Dominator?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Definitely a 'rough' area mower...
Looks to be more of a skid mower than a ZTR mower... :smile:KennyV

Kingwood990

Threads
I noticed that it steers like a skid steer so my decent looking yard would not look so decent after playing with this beast.:eek:

DixiePrez

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Dominator will start arriving at dealers the week of April 25th. I encourage you to take a look at it before judging it. Contrary to the comment, it will not tear up your lawn (unless you want it to.) When the front caster wheels are in the down position, it operates, steers, mows and performs as well as any zero turn mower and will not tear up your lawn anymore than another zero turn. The front caster wheels can be raised and lowered from the operator's seat while the mower is moving or stopped. So, when you need a little more traction or stability you can raise the wheels up, thereby lowering the front drive wheels and away you go. It sticks on side hills like you won't believe. It goes up and down the slopes with no problem and can not only stop going down a slope, but can back up. There is nothing else like it. And the price will pleasantly surprise you.

I encourage you to visit your local Dixie Chopper dealer to take a look and find out about a test drive today.

Thanks,

Gary (DixiePrez)

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Very interesting machine... based on the video I can say I'd definitely like to test drive one. :thumbsup:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
DixiePrez...
Hello Gary, WELCOME to LMF.. It's great to have another manufacturer with some representation here...
My earlier comment about it appearing to be more of a skid mower than a ZTR, was not necessarily a negative... I have ran skid steers with a front deck... They are great as a 'rough' area mower. But not so good on a regular lawn...
Perhaps your new mower is a compromise between a SS and a ZTR... leaning closer to a ZTR..

Two things I would like to see on it...
Liquid cooled Diesel engine.
A 72 inch deck.
OK and a third... Cab, with AC.

I will have to give these a look see when they make it to South Central Kansas...

and I'll close with another 7 questions...?
What size Tires age on it, Driven and caster tire size?
Is it using 4, wheel motors? What make?
and what hydraulic pumps are on it? What GPM? & What is the system hydraulic capacity?

Thanks for joining us, with a completely new mower design... :smile:KennyV