Export thread

ANY ADVICE ON A DECENT BUT NOT TOP OF THE LINE AND PRICEY ULTRASONIC CLEANER??

S

shillnav

Thanks for any help on this.............. I don't won't to buy a piece of junk, but not wanting to throw away money either. I just need something that's reliable.................. Thanks Again

scott47429

scott47429

well what kind of work are you doing are you doing it for yourself or as a business we need to know these things

S

shillnav

As business, mainly for cleaning carburators.............. Thanks

R

Rivets

We have one that was purchased at Harbor Freight which works great. Cost around $70.

scott47429

scott47429

yeah thats who i was going to say to check out also

S

shillnav

Thanks Rivets, Thanks Scott....... I was just looking at one on their website for 74.99 made by Chicago Electric. I'm just sometimes wary of Harbor Freight. I may take a shot on it.

R

Rivets

I was too, but it works great.

S

shillnav

Well, guess I'll get me one.................. Thanks guys.

What kind of cleaner do you guys use?

R

Rivets

We've been experimenting. The powder that comes with it works good but is $$$. Tried CLR, questionable, sometimes good, sometime OK. Now trying Simple Green, but I've been laid off for two months, don't know how it's working.

S

shillnav

Rivets, I'd read that Simple Green was liked by some. I'm assuming you meant you were laid off from your job?? Sorry to hear that.

R

Rivets

Just waiting for a good snow storm to come along.

C

chance123

We've been experimenting. The powder that comes with it works good but is $$$. Tried CLR, questionable, sometimes good, sometime OK. Now trying Simple Green, but I've been laid off for two months, don't know how it's working.

I'm not sure, but doesn't CLR attack aluminum? I know it has a very high PH. Even some commercial degreasers, if left on too long, will turn aluminum black.

R

Rivets

Haven't seen it, but we have a six minute max soak.

M

motoman

I'm not sure, but doesn't CLR attack aluminum? I know it has a very high PH. Even some commercial degreasers, if left on too long, will turn aluminum black.

Is it black oxide? We know al is self preserving . Maybe you have discovered a diy coating!!

S

shillnav

I ended up getting the one from Harbor Freight for 74.99.......... Cleaned 3 carbs and I'm pretty impressed with it so far.

R

Rivets

Stop at the shop this morning to see if I can get back to work soon. Guess I got another two weeks vacation. Asked how the Simple Green was working in the cleaner and was told that it was we are going to use. Works great and very easy cleanup.