Advertising Threads

Jetblast

Threads
I'm sure that those using this forum to advertise their businesses are good folks who've simply failed to read the rules, but Lawn Mower Forum will look like the Yellow Pages if we don't do anything.

The owner and moderator may be spread a little thin between multiple forums, but we can all help point out issues by clicking on the tiny little caution sign at the bottom left corner of every forum post. Doing so opens a dialogue box which enables you to anonymously report the post as "advertising", or describe any other Terms Of Use Violation you wish to report.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm sure that those using this forum to advertise their businesses are good folks who've simply failed to read the rules, but Lawn Mower Forum will look like the Yellow Pages if we don't do anything.

The owner and moderator may be spread a little thin between multiple forums, but we can all help point out issues by clicking on the tiny little caution sign at the bottom left corner of every forum post. Doing so opens a dialogue box which enables you to anonymously report the post as "advertising", or describe any other Terms Of Use Violation you wish to report.

I have made multiple reports of posts and threads as being advertising in the past but they usually take a long time to get removed. Why doesn't LMF have a full time moderator, I am going to nominate Kenny to be the first one. I may be second in total posts here on LMF but being a grumpy old SOB I would probably begin removing posts just because they ticked me off.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't have near the sympathy for mooches as Jetblast.

When you join this site, you have to read the rules to join. If you don't, ignorance is NOT innocense. I tend to look at advertisers in a different way: They know darned well what they are doing, and if it goes undeleted and unchallenged, they are laughing all the way home.

As this site grows, undoubtedly Muhammad is spread thin. Thusly Briana has been doing the housekeeping. It is up to us to stand up for this site, until he can get to deleting a thread or post. I know, he WILL do it. I have reported threads (and I'm sure others reported the same thing) and seen it deleted in a few hours. He is watching, but he is no god. We have to do our best to let the people who abuse our hangout like that know just what they are doing, and let them know we are not happy with it.

If they come back all cocky and defiant, I say then it's open season for the flaming. Just my two bones.

Jetblast

Threads

I like to maintain the illusion that I'm a reasonable guy who gives folks the benefit of the doubt. :biggrin:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I like to maintain the illusion that I'm a reasonable guy who gives folks the benefit of the doubt. :biggrin:

I like to maintain the reality that I am a grumpy old fart...:biggrin:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

When you join this site, you have to read the rules to join. If you don't, ignorance is NOT innocense. I tend to look at advertisers in a different way: They know darned well what they are doing, and if it goes undeleted and unchallenged, they are laughing all the way home.

As this site grows, undoubtedly Muhammad is spread thin. Thusly Briana has been doing the housekeeping. It is up to us to stand up for this site, until he can get to deleting a thread or post. I know, he WILL do it. I have reported threads (and I'm sure others reported the same thing) and seen it deleted in a few hours. He is watching, but he is no god. We have to do our best to let the people who abuse our hangout like that know just what they are doing, and let them know we are not happy with it.

If they come back all cocky and defiant, I say then it's open season for the flaming. Just my two bones.
Agree 100 percent, don't snap at me by mistake. Well you have in the part so I am used to it.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why doesn't LMF have a full time moderator,
QUOTE]

Thanks for the nomination, but...
Until this site gets too much traffic for the administration to watch and regulate, I hope we can continue without an appointed moderator...
It is getting enough traffic now that it is becoming hard to catch every post. But with the group of mostly caring folks that we seem to have here... I think most posts are seen within a few hours at most...
I can't recall any big streak of completely offensive posts in our first year... I guess that may soon change.

There have been nuisance postings, they usually get removed some what promptly... I realize that something truly irritating can seem to take forever,
If it gets too overwhelming for Muhammad, and his excellent staff... He will ask that we get more involved in the traffic cop side of things.... I think everyone here is capable of setting aside their personal opinions enough to see what is truly bad for this forum...

I guess as we grow... we will see the caliber of people we attract... and what we become as a result...
I will remain optimistic, and enjoy the good friends and fellows on this GREAT FORUM ... :smile:KennyV

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Agree 100 percent, don't snap at me by mistake. Well you have in the part so I am used to it.

Weren't snappin at you at all - just saying I've seen threads deleted in a pretty timely way. Maybe you reported the same thread I did at times long before I did, and it's coincidence that it got taken down so quick.

But, I like to tell myself I had something to do with it. :biggrin:

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I have made multiple reports of posts and threads as being advertising in the past but they usually take a long time to get removed. Why doesn't LMF have a full time moderator, I am going to nominate Kenny to be the first one. I may be second in total posts here on LMF but being a grumpy old SOB I would probably begin removing posts just because they ticked me off.
I second that! Kenny for moderating! :smile:

I really hate advertising on forums... The banners and stuff are bad enough, without people posting threads specifically for advertising!

Stop doing it people!

I own a car valeting business, but I don't advertise it on here.

As the OP said, we are not an online Yellow Pages! Don't treat us like one.

Also, I would not be a good moderator! I'd be deleting posts just because there wasn't an apostrophe where there should've been... Yeah, I'm a bit OCD with grammar!

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
jmurray,

glad, no one nominat'd you: then!

:tongue: