Adding Throttle...

rer

Threads
This is what I have come up with for throttle. Remove the stretchy old spring from the throttle to the governer and replace it with a piece of bailing wire. I have a little slack for manually closing the throttle for extra slow speeds. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• airoplane 009.jpg
    airoplane 009.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 13
  • airoplane 010.jpg
    airoplane 010.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 11

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
This is what I have come up with for throttle. Remove the stretchy old spring from the throttle to the governer and replace it with a piece of bailing wire. I have a little slack for manually closing the throttle for extra slow speeds. Good luck.:thumbsup:
I'll have a look at it some time and see if it looks possible... Thanks for your reply! :wink:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
When my Yardpro (Husqvarna) walk behind self propelled pusher was new, it would barely move 2.5 mph which was WAY too slow. Since there is no throttle nor any way to adjust the engine speed, I simply bent the tab that the governor spring was attached to....PRESTO....I now have a 4 mph mower that cuts much better, and so far there has been no increase in oil consumption and only a modest increase in fuel consumption. And since it travels so much faster, I save a lot of time.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
When my Yardpro (Husqvarna) walk behind self propelled pusher was new, it would barely move 2.5 mph which was WAY too slow. Since there is no throttle nor any way to adjust the engine speed, I simply bent the tab that the governor spring was attached to....PRESTO....I now have a 4 mph mower that cuts much better, and so far there has been no increase in oil consumption and only a modest increase in fuel consumption. And since it travels so much faster, I save a lot of time.
My mower propels at 2.6MPH, and that is fine for me. I have a relatively small lawn though.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
My mower propels at 2.6MPH, and that is fine for me. I have a relatively small lawn though.

2.6 mph is a CREEP for me...I am 60 years old and enjoy mowing at a brisk walk which is 4 mph and up. When you have 450 feet of roadfront culvert 25 feet wide to mow with a pusher you appreciate having a faster push mower, and I trim several hours a week as well as mow the house yard (200X175) with the pusher.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
2.6 mph is a CREEP for me...I am 60 years old and enjoy mowing at a brisk walk which is 4 mph and up. When you have 450 feet of roadfront culvert 25 feet wide to mow with a pusher you appreciate having a faster push mower, and I trim several hours a week as well as mow the house yard (200X175) with the pusher.
If you have a lot of lawn to mow, I can see why you'd like a faster propel!

But seeing as I don't have a very large lawn (bigger than average, but still hardly a field), and my lower back has been giving me hell recently, I'm glad of my slow mower!