a salute to my fellow vets.

173abn

Threads
I want to salute all the vets. today on veterns day.To those that live in Canada I want to say I served in Vietnam with a guy that joined the US army when a lot of our draft dodgers were running to your country to hide,I also got to know some medics from New Zeland.My dad served in the inf. in ww2 ,the young men and women serving today are what will become their generations greatest. with respect,,russ

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
And back at you russ
US Air Force 1964 to 1970...
Vietnam '67 - '68.
:smile:KennyV

Ifixdit

Threads
Happy Veterans Day as well. USAF 1984-2008. My better half is currently deployed to Iraq but she's finally due back the last week of the year. We're getting there!

monica123

Threads
My ancestor's served, my grandad was naval air, he flew fighter jets, my dad was a merchant marine as well. Also my husband's father served in WWII. I respect and thank all that have fought and served as well as those who currently serve.

rmancini

Threads
I'm a former draft dodger. I enlisted at 17.
No better way to avoid the draft.:wink:
USN 1968 - 1974. USS Oriskany (CVA-34) Two WestPacs (Yankee Station etal). Viet Nam '71 - '72.
Ahhh - the good old days when I still had hair!!
Rich

minkyung

Threads
My salutes to US vets :thumbsup:

Many of you died in Korea during the Korean War. We honor Americans (and others too) who died here. I went to the War Museum close to the border. Again my salutes!

Koreans my age have no memory of the war. Old guys (in my family) do not want to talk.

Harriet

Threads
I come from a long line of Navy people. My daughter is a retired Navy Commander, and my nephew is now a Navy SEAL stationed in Guam.

173abn

Threads
Harriet,when I went through Special Forces training(JFKSSW) at Ft.Bragg N.C. I met a few SEALS going through some of our schools,great bunch of guys.True warriors. russ

adan

Threads
My salutes to you American vets. A lot of you fought in the Philippines, side-by-side with Filipino soldiers way back in World War II. General Douglas McArthur is a highly revered name here.