A rant for JD - "Lurkers"

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
This would be a rant done in the key of JD.

I noticed the last couple of days, although your name shows up in the 'active users' list, it is OBVIOUS you are not here, and certainly not viewing one single thread for three or four hours, which is what your profile says your doing. Or "viewing attachment" for hours on end. You were actually gone, but the list that you often refer to (the huge numbers of 'Lurkers') says you were here. The same list that lied about you, I am sure lied about them.

WHY? I'd think it's entirely to attract and maintain advertising. You know, that joyous stuff we all love and cherish. The stuff we can't wait to log on and read. The stuff that fills our ears on the radio just wants 30 seconds apiece. The TV just wants 30 seconds. So, if this site can statistically show it has x number of "members" (although the vast majority of the membership is long gone - after the 4th post usually), it counts. If the "active" and "guest" counter is REEEEEALLY slow at refreshing, it'll show we have a lot more traffic than we have.

I'm really appreciative to the bone that all the 'improvements' lately on this site are most probably done for such reasons. 'Bout the cheddar. The bones. The bread. The GD MONEY. God forbid I say something wrong - or not be nice enough. Yet, suggestions fall on blind eyes. You can report, PM and cry the blues in thread after thread about advertising, or this or that, and maybe it'll get resolved, maybe it won't - maybe you'll just get the infamous 'I'll think about it' to your suggestion - which we all know means NO.

Case in point: After mentioning it at least a DOZEN TIMES, why do we still not have a Murray forum? Regardless of how many HUNDREDS of people come through these hallowed halls looking for answers on said machines? If we truly are trying to be "all things to all people", seems that is a GLARING GD OVERSIGHT. Yet no one gives a s--t. But the fact I just said that, and posted this thread, is a problem. PLEASE!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

So, JD - your lurkers will always be here. Even if they really aren't. Cause numbers sell.

Last edited:

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
This would be a rant done in the key of JD.

I noticed the last couple of days, although your name shows up in the 'active users' list, it is OBVIOUS you are not here, and certainly not viewing one single thread for three or four hours, which is what your profile says your doing. Or "viewing attachment" for hours on end. You were actually gone, but the list that you often refer to (the huge numbers of 'Lurkers') says you were here. The same list that lied about you, I am sure lied about them.

WHY? I'd think it's entirely to attract and maintain advertising. You know, that joyous stuff we all love and cherish. The stuff we can't wait to log on and read. The stuff that fills our ears on the radio just wants 30 seconds apiece. The TV just wants 30 seconds. So, if this site can statistically show it has x number of "members" (although the vast majority of the membership is long gone - after the 4th post usually), it counts. If the "active" and "guest" counter is REEEEEALLY slow at refreshing, it'll show we have a lot more traffic than we have.

I'm really appreciative to the bone that all the 'improvements' lately on this site are most probably done for such reasons. 'Bout the cheddar. The bones. The bread. The GD MONEY. God forbid I say something wrong - or not be nice enough. Yet, suggestions fall on blind eyes. You can report, PM and cry the blues in thread after thread about advertising, or this or that, and maybe it'll get resolved, maybe it won't - maybe you'll just get the infamous 'I'll think about it' to your suggestion - which we all know means NO.

Case in point: After mentioning it at least a DOZEN TIMES, why do we still not have a Murray forum? Regardless of how many HUNDREDS of people come through these hallowed halls looking for answers on said machines? If we truly are trying to be "all things to all people", seems that is a GLARING GD OVERSIGHT. Yet no one gives a s--t. But the fact I just said that, and posted this thread, is a problem. PLEASE!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

So, JD - your lurkers will always be here. Even if thet really aren't. Cause numbers sell.

Hey twall, are you and JD brothers from a different mother.:laughing: You are starting to sound alike and I find it quite enjoyable.:wink::laughing:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey twall, are you and JD brothers from a different mother.:laughing: You are starting to sound alike and I find it quite enjoyable.:wink::laughing:

Wish he'd stop 'lurking' and get the f---- back here and offer his gentle breeze of an opinion on my thoughts! :laughing:

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wish he'd stop 'lurking' and get the f---- back here and offer his gentle breeze of an opinion on my thoughts! :laughing:

Maybe you are twins that got seperated a birth and you both can read each others thoughts.:laughing:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe you are twins that got seperated a birth and you both can read each others thoughts.:laughing:

.....or very handily get on each other's nerves in a heartbeat......:biggrin:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
You know, there are those round here who suggest that these Front Porch conversations shouldn't count in our postcount. We should all be up there talking about blades and engines and belts and..........*yaaaaaawn* I think I gotta go to bed.

JD - you have been reading the 'battery' thread for over an HOUR. You're still here, aren't you? You a slow reader? Or just another stat for this hour? After all, if the STATS say you are here, you HAVE TO BE HERE, right? :laughing:

The STATS only mean something to the bean counters when they are looking for another ad contract to annoy us with. I honestly don't know why you put any stock in them.....

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

I don't know whether you are insulting Twall, me, or both of us.....:laughing::laughing::laughing:

This afternoon I have been mowing, raking up grass, etc etc etc. I have raked up 15 loader bucket fulls (pressed down and overflowing) to haul back. My deck simply will not chop grass up worth a d*** I am sincerely thinking about buying a Trac-Vac to pick up the clippings because I waste so much time raking.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
You know, there are those round here who suggest that these Front Porch conversations shouldn't count in our postcount. We should all be up there talking about blades and engines and belts and..........*yaaaaaawn* I think I gotta go to bed.

JD - you have been reading the 'battery' thread for over an HOUR. You're still here, aren't you? You a slow reader? Or just another stat for this hour? After all, if the STATS say you are here, you HAVE TO BE HERE, right? :laughing:

The STATS only mean something to the bean counters when they are looking for another ad contract to annoy us with. I honestly don't know why you put any stock in them.....

Actually my laptop was still on the forum while I was outside....guess I was one of those worthless, lowly STATS.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

"Gentle breeze, my a**e"