928D Rear Main Replacement

drewgodsey

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2008 928D, engine Kubota d1105, and the rear main is leaking. I have purchased the new part, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any tips or tricks to replacing it, or a detailed step-by-step would be nice. Also, I can't seem to find any torque specs for the flywheel bolts that don't include degrees. My torque wrench is only set up for foot and inch lbs.

Thanks in advance for your help

173abn

Threads
sorry I can't help much but I see you live in Kansas,you might give the factory a call.I hear they are helpful w/info.Also if you are anywhere in Eastern Kansas KanEquip can pull up all diagrams and specs. The #is 785-267-9200 or toll free#888-273-9990. The GH #is 316-345-8621. That's a pretty new motor to have that go out,good luck w/ your repair..russ

Fastbuck

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2008 928D, engine Kubota d1105, and the rear main is leaking. I have purchased the new part, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any tips or tricks to replacing it, or a detailed step-by-step would be nice. Also, I can't seem to find any torque specs for the flywheel bolts that don't include degrees. My torque wrench is only set up for foot and inch lbs.

Thanks in advance for your help

I see no reason you can't use the torque from a list of standard torques. I wrote maintenance manuals for gas turbines for a couple years and the torque value from standard torque charts were what we put in the manuals if the designer didn't specify one on the print.
There are many such charts on line. Here is the first one I found listed.
https://www.armstrongtools.com/reference/storque.jsp

Buck