60" mower missing a swath of grass

rjwofford

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2760 DC that is missing a swath of grass. I have sharp blades and see no evidence of deck damage. Any ideas what to check?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would start by checking that all my spindles are moving freely. If one is slower than the other it could cause this.

Raw Dodge

Threads
Check that your deck is clean underneath, grass build up can cause this.Also are your blades sharp and in good condition, there is a sharp, square leading edge and they aren't worn back .If all that checks out, I would check the forward pitch if the deck, on my dixie it seems to like about 1/8-1/4" forward pitch, sometimes the pitch will change due to hitting something or a just the chains stretching.You can set the mower on a flat surface, verify you tire pressure is correct in all 4 tires, and I use a 2x4 on its end and set the deck at around 3.5-4" and use the 2x4 as a measure see where it fits and how much clearance you have..sometimes you need to get a tape measure or small 6" ruler in the chute or under the deck on the highest height setting to get an actual measurement off the blades..when they are oriented front to rear.

zmister11

Threads
My mower was doing that as well and the dealer had to put a spacer in the blades. They said the deck was pushing the grass down before the blades could cut it

rjwofford

Forum Newbie
Threads
The spindles are free there was some build up in the deck. found one of the hydraulic hoses is leaking. Decided to replace all four hoses change fluid and replace the filters. The mower has just 120 hours on it.
The dealer ordered OEM hoses, i picked them up and questioned the construction there is no 45 ell at the wheel motor they assured me that they would clear the wheel. Guess what they do not clear the wheel!! URGH
Had four hoses made up want to be sure to get the air out when filling the system any advise?

Thanks

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Tire air pressure, deck level & secure at all points, nothing has come loose.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Could be blades Are sitting to high in the deck. I run mine as close to the bottom as I can get them.

Raw Dodge

Threads
Make sure you do not get anything in the hoses or during the hook up. I would use parts cleaner and clean out the new hoses and blow them.out with compressed air both ways.It really should be high pressure loop filtered afterwards to be sure...that's something your dealer will have to do unless you have one or want to build one..I'd save the old good hoses if you will make one, they will work fine for filtering.

rjwofford

Forum Newbie
Threads
high pressure loop filtered? I think I may be in over my head.
I have looked on the DC web site for a service manual with no luck. Maybe need to take to the dealer for the repair.

Raw Dodge

Threads
It's not.hard just has to be done correctly and meticulously clean .the dixie had a closed loop hydraulic system. .basically once the loop is full.the same fluid stays in the loop continously except for a small amount of leakage past the wheel motors plate and hydraulic pump plate..this leakage is usually about a pint to a quart an hour per side ..what this means is let's say yiu get a tiny piece of dirt or sand in the hose connection or the hose isn't 100 percent clean..
It will be hours before that debris gets out if it gets out at all..in the meantime it tears everything up and destroys the pump and motor on that side...now things get really expensive.google it and watch the flow chart on how it works you'll understand why I'm warning you...