52" Raptor Awesomeness

Kelvininin

Threads
I have now mowed my lawn 4 times with them my new 52" Raptor. This has saved be 8 hours of mowing already. I could not be happier with my Raptor.

I know there are people concerned about the direction Hustler is going but for me its the right direction. I needed nothing more than a entry level residential mower, and the way the raptor is built, it will last me a good long time. I would say the Hustler Raptor is the best built mower I have ever bought.

Currently my only planned addition is an hour gauge which set me back a whopping 20 bucks.

clubairth

Threads
I love my Raptor SD too!

I am installing the engine guard and muffler shield. Two small additions that should have been factory but I know they were very price conscious with the Raptor.

RaptorSDer

Threads
I only mow my less than 3/4 of an acre and I bought a Raptor as well. 48" SD. Way overkill but I absolutely love it. I just putt along nice and slow and really enjoy it. When do you guys do your 1st oil and filter change? Also, I noticed today after mowing my hydraulic reservoir is bone dry (I check before and after each mow). You guys have any issues with that?

Last edited:

jwilli2

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have 48 SD too.Changed the oil and filter at 5 hours added the engine guard.love the machine. I had to add a little bit of oil to the hydros the first 2 cuts level was fine the last time must have been a little air in the system.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I only mow my less than 3/4 of an acre and I bought a Raptor as well. 48" SD. Way overkill but I absolutely love it. I just putt along nice and slow and really enjoy it. When do you guys do your 1st oil and filter change? Also, I noticed today after mowing my hydraulic reservoir is bone dry (I check before and after each mow). You guys have any issues with that?

It's common on new units to have the reservoir to run down or go dry. Both of the Z force mowers I purchased new done the same thing. Just fill the reservoir back up to the cold line when the unit is cold and add as you have to, I filled mine twice before they stopped taking oil and resumed their normal levels. Nothing to panic over.