5 & 6 h.p. Tecumseh?

bmwe0692

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have 2 tecs 1-5 h.p. and 1-6 h.p. Both are from the reclaim yard. The 6 took out the con rod but not thru the block. No other damage inside.

The 5 is h50 65389k 3355r with the extended cam shaft for reverse. Which I need for my Ariens snowblower, that has a cobbled up brigs on it.

The 6 is h60 75343j 1154d single shaft. The 6 has eletric start,which I want, but the 5 isn't drilled for bolts and doesn"t have ring gear on fly wheel.

Would it work to remove the parts off the 5 and install in the 6. Parts being the crank,
extended cam,conecting rod, piston and side sump. Reusing the 6 fly wheel, new gaskets and rings will be installed if this will work.

Thanks for any info on this project.
T.J. (Terry)

jet62095

Threads
I have 2 tecs 1-5 h.p. and 1-6 h.p. Both are from the reclaim yard. The 6 took out the con rod but not thru the block. No other damage inside.

The 5 is h50 65389k 3355r with the extended cam shaft for reverse. Which I need for my Ariens snowblower, that has a cobbled up brigs on it.

The 6 is h60 75343j 1154d single shaft. The 6 has eletric start,which I want, but the 5 isn't drilled for bolts and doesn"t have ring gear on fly wheel.

Would it work to remove the parts off the 5 and install in the 6. Parts being the crank,
extended cam,conecting rod, piston and side sump. Reusing the 6 fly wheel, new gaskets and rings will be installed if this will work.

Thanks for any info on this project.
T.J. (Terry)

As far as the Rod, You'd have to check the crankshaft size, if they are the same you can use them. You can't use the 5 HP Piston in the 6HP, they have a different bore (6 HP is larger) You can drill the holes for the electric start and tap them out (or use self tapping bolts) and swap the flywheels (again crankshaft must be the same size end on both models) You'll need New Gaskets, Most likely a new Rod and piston and rings. Good luck!
- jet

bmwe0692

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply I'll see if I can drill straight enough to make things fit>

T.J.