4th deployment

173abn

Threads
My daughter's boyfriend dropped his truck off at my place last night because he's getting ready to deploy from Ft. Riely Ks. to Afghanistan.His m.o.s. is Infantry.He's already served 3 tours in Iraq and has been combat wounded.I know, no politics but I wish like h--l we'd get out of there.I served in Vietnam,why can't we learn? I'm all bummed out over this....russ

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
My daughter's boyfriend dropped his truck off at my place last night because he's getting ready to deploy from Ft. Riely Ks. to Afghanistan.His m.o.s. is Infantry.He's already served 3 tours in Iraq and has been combat wounded.I know, no politics but I wish like h--l we'd get out of there.I served in Vietnam,why can't we learn? I'm all bummed out over this....russ

Russ,

I know, man......it sux. We are supposed to be too broke to pay attention now, but we have the money to go policing every nation-state that looks at us wrong (and maintain bases in every nation we've been at war with EVER). I hate it all......

I thought like a naieve fool that "defense" meant to defend THIS country HERE.......not go on OFFENSE the world over.......

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Russ,

I know, man......it sux. We are supposed to be too broke to pay attention now, but we have the money to go policing every nation-state that looks at us wrong (and maintain bases in every nation we've been at war with EVER). I hate it all......

I thought like a naieve fool that "defense" meant to defend THIS country HERE.......not go on OFFENSE the world over.......

Concur with both of you guys, I do wonder why the USA has to be the world's policeman (as well as the generous uncle giving every other country handouts). I an so sick and tired of having our tax dollars squandered elsewhere.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads

I was also in Vietnam, 67, 68...
WOW...4 tours, I can NOT imagine it!
When I got out of the service, My biggest FEAR was that I might be recalled, and have to go back there...

Today, with multiple deployments & Stop-Loss ... It sure puts a new meaning to 'Tuff Duty' ... :frown:KennyV

mystreba

Threads
We are supposed to be too broke to pay attention now, but we have the money to go policing every nation-state that looks at us wrong

They don't even have to look at us wrong. If you get me going on this topic I'll start running around sceaming and kicking the dog - even now he's giving me that look like "Oh gawd, please not again!"

I was over there for several months and could not believe the number of service members who'd been there 18, 24, 30 months with no break. Never a single complaint - great group of dedicated, hard-working professionals.