Blades 48 Inch Zero Turn - Mulching/Striping Kit Dilemma

8ptman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Guys -

Trying to get educated on mulching and striping kits for my 48 inch Zero Turn.

I am being told mixed messages from multiple dealers.

1. I want to buy a mulching kit but not sure what to get. Some dealers are telling me just to buy a plate to put over the hole and away I go (70 bucks). Another is telling me I need the entire package plate, blades, etc. for ($234). I just have 1 acre I cut each week and just want to keep the clippings out of the beds.

2. I would like to stripe better... dealers are telling me that I won't tell a difference if I put a stripe kit on it?

I have a 2009 BobCat 48 INch with a 20 hsp Kawasaki. Not sure of the exact model.. maybe procat or something like that. I will look later tonight as long as that Rat Snake is out of the barn.

Thanks in advance and God Bless!

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi Guys -

1. I want to buy a mulching kit but not sure what to get. Some dealers are telling me just to buy a plate to put over the hole and away I go (70 bucks). Another is telling me I need the entire package plate, blades, etc. for ($234). I just have 1 acre I cut each week and just want to keep the clippings out of the beds.

2. I would like to stripe better... dealers are telling me that I won't tell a difference if I put a stripe kit on it?

I have a 2009 BobCat 48 INch with a 20 hsp Kawasaki. Not sure of the exact model.. maybe procat or something like that. I will look later tonight as long as that Rat Snake is out of the barn.

(1)I would "like" to tell you that you will get good mulching performance with a $70 chute cover, but you really need the complete kit that will create "vacuum baffles" around each individual blade as well as mulch blades to replace the OEM blades:0( It will be worth the higher price to control clippings!!!
(2)Many ZTR's will "stripe naturally" due to deck design, but it will be a "mild" stripe effect. Heeling the deck(setting blade pitch where rear blade tips are 1/4"-1/2" lower than front blade tips, rather than the normal pitch, opposite...front lower than rear) will give a little better stripe, but also requires more engine power. Adding a striper kit is best if you wish to have a "pronounced" striping effect.

What Make/Model ZTR do you have???

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi Guys -

(1)I would "like" to tell you that you will get good mulching performance with a $70 chute cover, but you really need the complete kit that will create "vacuum baffles" around each individual blade as well as mulch blades to replace the OEM blades:0( It will be worth the higher price to control clippings!!!
(2)Many ZTR's will "stripe naturally" due to deck design, but it will be a "mild" stripe effect. Heeling the deck(setting blade pitch where rear blade tips are 1/4"-1/2" lower than front blade tips, rather than the normal pitch, opposite...front lower than rear) will give a little better stripe, but also requires more engine power. Adding a striper kit is best if you wish to have a "pronounced" striping effect.

What Make/Model ZTR do you have???

Oops...just noticed you stated you have a Bob-Cat:0)

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Besides that....I'm on the Bob-Cat forum.......duhhhhhhhh:0)