?

maria

Forum Newbie
Threads
Why Cub Cadett lawn mower break does not work? When I start the tractor it just keeps going and only way to stop it is to tun the key to stop. What is wrong?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm sure we will need more information about model and age plus any other information about your problem.

This will probably be moved to the Cub thread where you will get more answers.

Welcome to the Forum !

maria

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: ? break is not holding at all

My lawn mower is two years old. LTX 2040. It has been working well. I had problem with the gas pedal. It was not working. I took it to be fixed and serviced. As it was returned back to me, the gas pedal is now working. I was told that the belt and blades were changed. However when I drove the lawn mower to garage I almost went through the wall. The break is not holding, it just goes to the bottom. Obviously the service forgot to do something. I never had a problem with the break until it came back from the service. What could the problem be? The service fixed the gas pedal problem, but broke the break pedal!?
What do you think they did or did not do?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Probably did not re-attach the break band or break linkage - I'm not familiar with the Cub models, but since tomorrow is Monday, I'd call the service place and tell them they nearly killed you :mad: :thumbdown: and they need to send someone out to fix it on your time schedule.

You can look for any loose connections or missing hardware that is linked to the break pedal (if it is a pedal)..

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF!

I moved your thread to the Cub Cadet Forum. :smile:

mjw357

Threads
I realize this is an older thread but...

Not familiar with LTX 2040, but isn't that a hydrostatic drive? You shouldn't normally need the brake to stop. Just let off of the drive pedal (what you are calling the 'gas'). So, maybe the drive pedal (or whatever it's called) is not coming back to it's nuetral position on it's own? You should be able to just lift your foot and the tractor should stop immediately. Maybe the service shop didn't properly reassemble, left a spring off or something?

snapsstorer

Threads
if it has a rod going back to the hydro, it may not be adjusted right also. most rod have some sort of adjustment to them.