42" Timecutter (75742) blade torque

apg1979

Threads
eventually when i pick up an impact i was curious if each setting spelled out what torque level it went to so you knew once it was tight where you leave it (hopefully eliminating the need for the torque wrench
To be more transparent, I'm torquing to 100 ft

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
@apg1979
Until you can get a 1/2” impact, get you a scrap piece of 4x4 and a screw type C clamp. Like @Rivets said, thumbscrew to outside of the deck. It works for installation and removal.
Every impact wrench is different. Settings between brands are not equal. When you do buy one, you need to check it against your torque wrench.

apg1979

Threads
thanks everyone for the tips and info here! appreciate it!

RLW_LT2138

Threads
thanks for the tips! so outside of it maybe being unnecessary compared to simpler solutions like the log / c clamp options, any opinions on these if they are cheap enough? not sure which route i'll try yet but just weighing the options.

View attachment 60168
I use two those on my lawn tractor so I can lock both blades at the same time. I used a block of wood for a while, but these are easier.

apg1979

Threads
I use two those on my lawn tractor so I can lock both blades at the same time. I used a block of wood for a while, but these are easier.
awesome thanks! if i have a 2 blade deck, do you need to use 2 (to lock both at the same time) or can i get away w/ 1 and just move it to the 2nd after i get the first blade off?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
FWIW in he repair van I have aa 6' length of rectangular steel tubing that can slide over the blade
When I get an overtightened bolt I put the socket on with a jack underneath to prevent it falling off
then turn the blade using the steel tubing

Lawn Addict
Threads
I figured you knew what you were doing. My impact would rip the bolt head off on 3.
Thank U, My 1/2" impact is about 30 years old, & I check it against one of my torque wrenches to be pretty accurate..

apg1979

Threads
FWIW in he repair van I have aa 6' length of rectangular steel tubing that can slide over the blade
When I get an overtightened bolt I put the socket on with a jack underneath to prevent it falling off
then turn the blade using the steel tubing
thats a good idea too! thanks for the tip!

Lawn Addict
Threads
awesome thanks! if i have a 2 blade deck, do you need to use 2 (to lock both at the same time) or can i get away w/ 1 and just move it to the 2nd after i get the first blade off?
You can do 1 at a time.

Last edited:

apg1979

Threads
You can do 1 at a time.
thanks! i ended up picking 1 of them up at a hardware store here last night and works great! figured $13 but isnt too much to pay for a simple solution