4 new chain saws free

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
The bar may have all the chain info on it. If not I'd take it to a shop buy one and a file/ sharpening kit. Only few bucks but well worth it. Don't use electric chain sharpener!

I'm surprised to hear you say that. I use a Dremel Moto Tool with a chain sharpening guide and stone. It takes some getting used to but once you learn the light touch that you need to use, it goes fast and does an excellent job. The only drawback is that you can damage the chain if you bear down hard and take off too much. Keep in mind that the cutting edge on each link is tiny so very little pressure is needed and the angle must be correct (I find the Dremel guide very good at helping to maintain the correct angle.)

Getting back to the original post... I like that old Mac. They haven't made good saws for a long time but those really old ones are great.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good news and bad news...

Bad news: went to cut a couple annoying tree branches in my back yard the machine got warm and the plug blew out.... Went to put it back in thinking I didn't tighten it enough found out the threads are stripped the plug will hold tight with the machine cold but not warm.... What do I do?

Good news: the mac lives! It fired up the bar and chain are thrashed so I will need new ones which is ok because I want a 24" to 28" bar for this machine anyway.