Buying Advice 33 inch wide cut

bikerboy46032

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I'm supposed to be picking up a mower I know nothing about other than it's in neutral and the tires are locked up. It has a 9hp briggs engine. And one tire is flat. Any ideas? I'm buying it for scrap value.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
What you have just given us for information is nothing. Tell us what it is and you will get a lot better information.

Threads
Reynoldston:
I told him the same thing in the other thread he created on the same topic....in post #3 in that thread this is what he said:
Yeah, I'm sorry, but I don't know it. All I know is the guy took it in a barter deal as a project and then realized he didn't have time to work on it. He hasn't tried starting it but he does know it isn't locked up. The only issue I'm kind of worried about is the drive linkage or whatever it is. He said it's in neutral but the wheels won't turn. He has been trying to sell it for a couple months now and finally I offered him $50 for it.

arrow.gif http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/small-engine-mower-repair/13439-troy-bilt-33-inch-wide-cut.html.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Reynoldston:
I told him the same thing in the other thread he created on the same topic....in post #3 in that thread this is what he said:

View attachment 11062 http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/small-engine-mower-repair/13439-troy-bilt-33-inch-wide-cut.html.

So I'm supposed to be picking up a mower I know nothing about other than it's in neutral and the tires are locked up. It has a 9hp briggs engine. And one tire is flat. Any ideas? I'm buying it for scrap value.

If you are buying that mower for scrap value forget it, you'd be lucky to break even. If he sells it to you for $50 he's selling it for scrap, I wouldn't touch the thing, Just my :2cents:

bikerboy46032

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's model number 12A - 753B063. It has a 9hp Briggs and Stratton engine. 4 speed transmission that is locked up. The engine looks really clean and the mower looks over all like it was fairly well taken care of. I did buy it for $50 and have already had 2 people offer me $200 for it because they want the engine. Looking for somebody that might possibly have an extra transmission for it. It's locked up. It's acting like it won't shift into neutral.

scott47429

Threads
i would have sold it to the first person to offer me 200 for it