325-Diesel Toro 2WD GroundsMaster Model # 30788 Mid 90's

DaveTN

Threads
  • / 325-Diesel Toro 2WD GroundsMaster Model # 30788 Mid 90's
I dragged it home back in Nov., all 1600 lbs of it with 2 flat rear tires. Hydraulics out
brake cables rusted up but managed to free one up on driver's side left. Got enough
air in the rear tires and the main drive wheel tires to move it via come-along winch onto
a trailer. Hydraulic filter bought the farm when it snapped off on something when the
former owner was trying to unload it. Just snapped it clean off leaving about 1/2" thread
where the filter would screw onto it. We temporarily bypassed the hydro filter for testing
and I moved it around the farm about 100 feet and brought it back in slowly since it had
no brakes. Brake cables frozen up. I think it'll make a good mower with 2600 hours on it.
Hasn't been abused and the mowing deck is fine and hydraulic deck lift is operational. It's
going to be a good winter project inside a ~~~heated~~~ garage! Any one else work on
these heavy weight mowers?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / 325-Diesel Toro 2WD GroundsMaster Model # 30788 Mid 90's
Haven’t worked on one for twenty years, but they are a solid unit. Post the serial number and I’ll see if a service manual is available.