321D Weird deck noise

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
You are going to have to remove the deck and give it a good inspection. There is no way to check for proper spindle condition with the deck mounted. I’m guessing a bad spindle bearing which shows itself during operation. Second, when you have the deck off you can really go through it to see if there is any metal to metal contact.
I think that we’ve given the best advice possible. It’s up to the OP to follow our advice or not.

Maskedman

Forum Newbie
Threads
If there;s a bad bearing that bearing assembly be a warmer temperature than one with good bearings . Kill it and feel them after it runs awhile and the noise starts .
If there is a bad bearing you can hear it roar. That does not appear to be the problem.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What seems to be the problem of following the answers provided by the techs? They provide suggestions , you find a way to blow them off. Please tell me why, if you really want to solve this problem you are so against removing and giving the deck a good inspection? This is what experienced techs have to do all the time. You have never really checked the spindles, blades, pulleys, deck conditions anywhere, except in your brain. No one can give you a specific answer to your problem, because you have provided us with a stiff drink while listening to what you are hearing. If you must your answer, your way right now, I doubt you will get it here. Don’t wait to long, grass is growing.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
What seems to be the problem of following the answers provided by the techs? They provide suggestions , you find a way to blow them off. Please tell me why, if you really want to solve this problem you are so against removing and giving the deck a good inspection? This is what experienced techs have to do all the time. You have never really checked the spindles, blades, pulleys, deck conditions anywhere, except in your brain. No one can give you a specific answer to your problem, because you have provided us with a stiff drink while listening to what you are hearing. If you must your answer, your way right now, I doubt you will get it here. Don’t wait to long, grass is growing.

It is sometimes the nature of people to get solutions to problems, and then say, “yeah but.”
People are funny.
They will ask a question, you try to answer, then they keep talking. People are funny. They will bring in a mower, etc. and say “I am not sure why it is doing this.” You tell them what you think, and they start second guessing you. People are funny.