2nd head gasket in two weeks

quasaronly

Forum Newbie
Threads
On a B&S 195 OHV am having to replace head gasket again after two weeks on first replacement. Not started work yet but quick look at, and it seems to be blown in same place on side. The first gasket came off real clean, did not stick anywhere and was all in one piece except where blpwn. Surfaces were shiny clean on engine and gasket was replaced, though not specifically torqued. Did not observe this happening but was told the engine backfired and then would not restart. Anyone have ideas about what may be happening and what I should be looking for on this second replacement?

Nwatson99

Threads
Sounds like to much compression causing , but I will say if it blows a third one time for a different engine for sure.

gfp55

Threads
On a B&S 195 OHV am having to replace head gasket again after two weeks on first replacement. Not started work yet but quick look at, and it seems to be blown in same place on side. The first gasket came off real clean, did not stick anywhere and was all in one piece except where blpwn. Surfaces were shiny clean on engine and gasket was replaced, though not specifically torqued. Did not observe this happening but was told the engine backfired and then would not restart. Anyone have ideas about what may be happening and what I should be looking for on this second replacement?

Is the deck and head good and flat? Was the bolts torqued to the right ft/lbs in the right sequence for your engine? Did you use new bolts? Was the gasket OEM? Is the person doing the repair qualified?