27 hp Briggs and Stratton governor/idle/spring issue

gmixon01

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 27 hp Briggs and Stratton governor/idle/spring issue
i also initially thought that maybe the idle screw being out of adjustment, but i chose to ignore that because when i manually hold the throttle against the stop of the screw, it idles just fine. i think that is why i keep leaning to the spring thing. but alas i can't be entirely sure of it being one or the other. so with that said, what do you think?

mayor

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just got finished putting a new 44Q777 Briggs 27 horse professional v twin in a dixie chopper zero turn that had a kohler. Wasnt too bad but the wiring was fun too figure all out. Now for your problem!. My mower had both the throttle cable and choke cable. Now the new engine was as you have, combining the two. I also thought I was going too have major problems but instead of overslinging the throttle cable, use the hole in the bottom of the round linkage assembly. If you notice, behind that little hole in the bottom there is a slot cutout for clearance of the hook end of the throttle wire!. This allows the throttle too push/ pull properly and also the choke too work properly for start up. If the cable is adjusted properly, then everything works fine. Before starting the engine, I thought I would have too put an extra spring on the throttle lever as you had too push up on it against the governor spring too idle down the engine. However, with the engine running, it worked fine!.