26 h.p. engine won't throttle down

brownfoxx1

Threads
linkage. slides ok
0244 E1 type
040224YC code
446777 model GT5000 mower .mowed for

45 min ok, then went full throttle.thanks for any suggestions.

Threads
So when you throttle down with the dash control you still have full power like the normal full power or over revving like it's gonna fly apart...????

If it's the normal then check over your linkage where it hooks up at the throttle plate. Something is off.....

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

brownfoxx1

Threads
It seems to run at max rpm. May e the govenor linkage is stuck

brownfoxx1

Threads
With the throttle linkage at idle the rpm is max. What I can see the with cover off, the linkage is hooked up and moving . Throttle movement doesn't affect the rpm at all

Threads
Yes something is amiss with that... Boo Boo usually will pop in with some links maybe tomorrow when he sees this thread....

I don't know what style of choke you have on yours... Is it the seperate choke lever or the choke is activated when throttling all the way up ??

Threads
I have a good friend in Riley Indiana which is not far from Terre Haute.. Are you close to him in that area ?? ~!~!

roger49

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you try adjusting the governor on the shaft , sometimes the governor arm will slip on the shaft , had it happen . Procedure is to loosen the bolt holding the governor arm to the governor shaft, set the throttle to wide open , turn the governor shaft clockwise using a 1/4" socket or wrench as far as it will go and hold it there at the same time hold the governor arm fully clockwise and tighten the bolt on the shaft making sure the bolt is tight, torque spec is 130 in. lbs.

brownfoxx1

Threads
will try that. thanks again for the info.lb

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes something is amiss with that... Boo Boo usually will pop in with some links maybe tomorrow when he sees this thread....

I don't know what style of choke you have on yours... Is it the seperate choke lever or the choke is activated when throttling all the way up ??

Here is a video on adjusting the governor, the guy IS a Comedian, BUT he's a VERY SMART Tech., skip to the 3:00 min mark when the serious part starts if you don't care for his skit .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbFyGRixoGA