2013 B&S 6.75 Brute will not restart

LionsFanatic

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have this new mower that has less than 2 cutting on it. It just died and now will not restart. Numbers on the housing reads :126M02/6675-F2/13092558

Now, I replaced the E-3 plug <Briggs service line told me they had a problem with them .Set Gap to .020
I also replaced the governor /slinger and doubled checked the timing marks. I also cleaned the carb, checked the float and seat.
I removed the Armature Magneto and it OHMED with my meter set at 20k I had a reading of 6.21. Is that too high for this model . I know the older model should read 2.1-5
Please help I am at a loss. I hate to keep throwing money at this machine.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
OK, first put this thing back together before you make my head hurt. Now crank the engine and check to see if you have spark, with a know good plug, and the E3 doesn't count because of the problems. if no spark then disconnect the single wire connected to the armature and recheck spark. No spark, replace module. If you have spark, do you have clean fuel in the carb, and made sure the bowl nut jet is clean ( most people miss that jet) by clean fuel I mean fresh fuel, without the ethanol separated fuel that smells fresh, but is really oily to the touch and will not burn.

LionsFanatic

Forum Newbie
Threads
Okay,
I put the mower back together , I gapped the magneto and had plenty of spark !!. I cleaned the carb , checked the float etc... I installed new fresh gas..
Still not running. I did a quick compression test and only got 30psi on the gauge ..is that too low ??:confused2: Any advice would greatly help !! Thanks

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Okay,
I put the mower back together , I gapped the magneto and had plenty of spark !!. I cleaned the carb , checked the float etc... I installed new fresh gas..
Still not running. I did a quick compression test and only got 30psi on the gauge ..is that too low ??:confused2: Any advice would greatly help !! Thanks

30 PSI you found your problem.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Way too low.
Actual compressions are hard to measure because of the decompression features built into small engines but if you havent got something in the order of 75 to 90 psi you aint going any where.

LionsFanatic

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a question ?
After all these issues with this motor I was curious and removed the muffler. Its fired right up and quite, now it wont start again. Is there a reason for this action ??