2011 MB/DSD42

Alabama Creepin Bent

Forum Newbie
Threads
Howdy all. Just joined up. Been eyeballing Walker mowers for years, always wanted one. I've come across what I think is a deal on one. As the title states, 2011 MB/DSD42, 18HP Vangard engine, showroom new, listed at $4299. I haven't contacted the sales person yet, but have a few questions for ya.

1. It will be purely residential, currently about 1/2 acre or so. Probably leaning towards swapping out for a mulch deck, but....is this too much mower for what I have? I don't want a standard ride if I can help it, but would a walk behind zero turn be more my speed?

2. How are these machines on maintenance? I am pretty festidious with regular upkeep and keeping the machines in tip top shape...but what are some common problems (not minor, but the ones that can hurt the wallet) that you have run into?

3. If it IS a good deal, needs some pointers to help me talk the ball and chain into it. She doesn't do the yard, so the push mower is more than adequate in her eyes.

4. I've never bought a new mower over $300 before, so how much negotiation do you think there is, especially since this is last years model?

I'm also open to any other suggestions/tips/recommendations. I like many other styles of mowers, I think the main thing I like is the front deck. There are many models out there with the feature, just don't know much about them...Walker is a big seller around here, along with scag and exmark.

Thanks in advance. From the lurking I've done, this seems to be quite a knowledgeable and helpful group.