2010 Scag Tiger Cub KAWA FH580V - Bogging down

MexTex

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone and Happy Easter!

I have been having some issue with my Scag and I was hoping someone could help me figure out what is going on. The problems started occurring after I performed some routine maintenance. Here is what did: added fuel to the tank mixed with a little Seafoam. Inclined the mower, removed the blades, sharpened and reinstalled. I didn't have much time to get to the blade sharpening so it remained inclined for about 3 weeks. Once I finally mounted the blades and dropped the mower, I started the mower up and attempted to mow the yard. It started up fine, but as soon as I put it in a higher RPM it seemed to bog down. I started the blades and it bogged down even more. I shut the mower down and noticed that I failed to plug in the wire to the spark plug. I plugged the wire back in, started it up and the mower ran fine. The following week I took the mower back out to mow the yard again and again it bogged down at high RPM's— and worse when I engaged the blades. I shut the mower down and removed the spark plug and went ahead and replaced it - no change. I checked out the battery and it is reading 13 volts. I connected the multimeter to the battery and started up the mower, increased the RPM's— and even started the blades and the voltage stays above 13 volts throughout. Any ideas?

BTW: I can turn on the mower, kick the RPM's all the way up, turn on the blades, and then turn the mower hard right or left and the engine will die. It also bogs down without the blades being engaged and the mower at full speed, so I eliminated something being wrong with the deck, but it doesn't die.

Thank you in advance.

Lawn Mower Information:

2010 Scag Tiger Cub STC48V-19KAI
Kawasaki FH580V KAI 19.0HP

Last edited: