2008 Toro Timecutter 19hp Kohler courage

bigman62

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone I am an American Missionary in Costa Rica. My engine has cracked and am losing oil rapidly. I need to know how much problem it would be if I changed over to a Kawasaki vertical 20 hp engine it apears to have the save size shaft. If anyone has an engine I would appreciate your help.Thanks Carl

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair forum. :smile:

chance123

Threads
WOW! Kohler!! GET IT TOGETHER!! I have had no less than 5 of these Timecutters in with cracked blocks in the past 3 months! I got another in just today! Not sure about retrofitting a Kawai, but Kohler MUST be aware of this problem. I also have had to remove the cover off the crankcase, reseal with yamabond gasket maker just because of loose case bolts on many of these same engines. Sorry I can't help you. Just venting.

bigman62

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone know if there is a recall on the blocks? Maybe we need a class action suit. That may get there attention.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have had luck contacting Kohler directly. Make sure you have all your engine numbers.

bigman62

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your help. I live in Costa Rica and am American Missionary. Like the U.S. funds are hard to come by so any help they can give us would really help.