2007 Toro Recycler Easy Start 190cc B&S hard starting

RYANS'

Threads
  • / 2007 Toro Recycler Easy Start 190cc B&S hard starting
I recently pulled one of these engines from the rubbish. Replaced the pull start mechanism with another free part. The only cost to me was the petra oleum. My community rely on me to mow the grass here, we have approximately one hectare. My question is, why do we want to rebuild the engine. My cousin got re-married and caught a big fish, she is very wealthy. When I am fishing with them I still think about honing the cylinder, lapping valves and replacing head gasket. Is there something wrong with me?

kingjames1

Threads
Ok another question. The valve seal was broken. So how do I remove the old one?
Thanks.

Attachments

• image000001.jpg
    image000001.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 8
  • image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 8

kingjames1

Threads
I recently pulled one of these engines from the rubbish. Replaced the pull start mechanism with another free part. The only cost to me was the petra oleum. My community rely on me to mow the grass here, we have approximately one hectare. My question is, why do we want to rebuild the engine. My cousin got re-married and caught a big fish, she is very wealthy. When I am fishing with them I still think about honing the cylinder, lapping valves and replacing head gasket. Is there something wrong with me?

I don't know. I'm retired and have the time. Plus I don't want to spend a lot of money on an old mower I only use to mow my ditch. Easier than the weed eater.

RYANS'

Threads
I don't know. I'm retired and have the time. Plus I don't want to spend a lot of money on an old mower I only use to mow my ditch. Easier than the weed eater.
Your in business, as they say. I sprayed our ditch with weed killer. Some times I mow lawns with the weed eater because I'm crazy.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Valve seals , if you by new seals possibly install instructions come with them . Long shot ? yes but free .

kingjames1

Threads
Finally got the seal out with a long carriage bolt. Tried needle nose pliers, seal pick, bolt extractor.

Bought a cheap lapping tool for a drill. Figured it should work for just 2 small valves. Didn't last 5 minutes. Tool went right through the rubber suction cups.

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 5

RYANS'

Threads
Finally got the seal out with a long carriage bolt. Tried needle nose pliers, seal pick, bolt extractor.

Bought a cheap lapping tool for a drill. Figured it should work for just 2 small valves. Didn't last 5 minutes. Tool went right through the rubber suction cups.
I used my son's old tooth brush, they have a suction cup on the bottom. Twirled it with my hands to lap the valves. I've read and heard your supposed to clean well after, to prevent any grinding paste getting into the cylinder. Good luck.

kingjames1

Threads
I used my son's old tooth brush, they have a suction cup on the bottom. Twirled it with my hands to lap the valves. I've read and heard your supposed to clean well after, to prevent any grinding paste getting into the cylinder. Good luck.
Thanks. Sorry about the redundancy. Didn't think it went through so I wrote it again.

Thinking about just getting the sticks. It's just 2 valves so they should survive. Gasket surface and chamber cleaned up real good. Used a 3M round thing, don't know what it's called, that goes on a drill. Used that when I replaced the cylinder head on my Liberty. Really does a nice job.

I also got thinking about the mower. Before I quit using it it would smoke when I started it. Then it would stop smoking after a short while. First thing I thought was the rings. But maybe it was just the seal broke and leaked oil into the chamber. Piston seems snug in the cylinder.

kingjames1

Threads
Ok, another question. Will this create a problem on this small engine? Noticed it when cleaning the head. Or should I use some RTV with the head gasket?IMG_20240402_130547_3_kindlephoto-10537014.jpg

Had this on my cylinder head on my Liberty though not as pronounced. It caused a tiny leak of coolant which set a code. Had to change the cylinder head.