2006 Pony Model 13AN77TG766 Transmission Issues

LaKajun

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a '06 Pony, Model 13AN77TG766 and while cutting grass last weekend, the mower slowed down a couple of times and after making another pass, it just stopped moving. I could smell the belts burning so I immediately took it out of gear. Thinking it was the belts, pushed it to my shop and checked everything out. The belts were 2 years old so I replaced them.

After putting everything back together, I started it up and tried to put it in gear, same thing, happened. While down, I made sure all the pulleys were free and moving. With the transmission free, it seems to be working, but didn't split the case to look into the transmission. My thinking, I have issues in the transmission, possibly the differential has gone out.

Anyone have a similar problem.

Redlinger

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am experiencing the same issue ... The mower will not go forward or backward even in neutral? It is like the brake is on? I can manually force the mower back and forward and it seems to free it up but as soon as I apply the brake it seizes up again? Can anyone please give me some advice?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I believe I responded to your other post, but forgot to add that there is also a return spring on the lever that sometimes will break, and will prevent the brake from releasing.

Redlinger

Forum Newbie
Threads
I believe I responded to your other post, but forgot to add that there is also a return spring on the lever that sometimes will break, and will prevent the brake from releasing.

Thanks so much for the advice ... I will check on what you mentioned in the previous post when I get home this evening. Is this "return spring" in the same place? If not, can you please give me an idea where it is located? I appreciate your help!!

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The return spring will be connected to the brake arm some are a pull type spring, some use a coil type spring to release the brake.