Engine 2006 Dixie Chopper LP3000 regulator problems - HELP

townsend5

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I have a 2006 LP3000 Dixie Chopper and have a problem with the LP Regulator. When mowing for a few hours the LP regulator begins to frost up and the mower just dies. Let it set a few minutes and it will restart but only run for a short time before stalling out again. My question is this. Is the regulator bad and where do I purchase a new one?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Has it always done this or when did it start?

I use lp on my cutting torch and the reg would get cold and frost over I changed the reg and all is good.
I am sure you can order one online or take it off and match one up at a welding supply shop.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Moisture in your fuel could be the problem causing the line to freeze internally and causing a no flow condition. Leaving a empty tank with the valve open can cause moisture to collect in your tank. Otherwise the fuel could be contaminated from your supplier. It only requires a few ounces of water in the fuel to cause problems.

townsend5

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply. It just started this fall with the cooler weather. I will look at changing the regulator if it continues this spring.

Has it always done this or when did it start?

I use lp on my cutting torch and the reg would get cold and frost over I changed the reg and all is good.
I am sure you can order one online or take it off and match one up at a welding supply shop.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

townsend5

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, I have other tanks so I will look at switching out the fuel before changing the reuglator.

Moisture in your fuel could be the problem causing the line to freeze internally and causing a no flow condition. Leaving a empty tank with the valve open can cause moisture to collect in your tank. Otherwise the fuel could be contaminated from your supplier. It only requires a few ounces of water in the fuel to cause problems.