2000 Lawn Boy Silver Pro 2 stroker new carb needed or help with the OE carb

kirkbrit

Threads
  • / 2000 Lawn Boy Silver Pro 2 stroker new carb needed or help with the OE carb
I am reposting having posted to an incorrect forum or one where answers are less too plentiful. I Googled this as both Duramax and silver pro "problem" and am overwhelmed by how common this is for owners. The problem is I do not find authoritative answers. Some hit and miss reaming of jets that seems to fail more than work...ie. make the engine run rich. Just need some good honest knowledgeable input on how to get 1 of 2 I own dependable and then work on getting my other older pair working or junked out. THANKS! My initial post is below.

Model 10247 type/serial 200006838. Have to continuously prime it to keep it running and eventually it will run. This is one of 2 I have that don't want to keep running. I suspect a carb issue but I can not find a replacement carb only rather expensive parts to rebuild what I think is a problem. Also that flapper that governs needs a helper spring but for the life of me I can't find the PN. Was told once I need to get two springs to stop the run up and run down of the RPMs, a separate but aggravating issue.
My yard is about half steep hills and I need the 2 stroker to prevent burning up a motor. I am afraid now that they aren't made It is going to be an up hill battle, pun intended.

Last edited:

impalass

Threads
Part number for the spring is 98-7011
If you have to keep priming it that means you are running very lean.
You don't need two springs to control the governor.
When the RPM is constantly changing that means you have a mixture problem.
Read the carburetor section in the engine manual for the F carburetor.
You could take the carburetor off and check the filter covering the main jet.

https://lookup3.toro.com/ttcGateway/acrobat/manuals/lball.html

https://lookup3.toro.com/Ill/1x/16/16563/_4680009.gif

Last edited:

robinb66

Threads
Sounds like an air draw situation to me( aka excess air getting into the system) Id check your carb gasket or npossibly even the top and bottom oil seals.

impalass

Threads
One spring on ebay for 2.54 but before you buy a spring buy the jet that turfboy mentioned and install it which is a very easy fix.

lewb

Threads
Another possible fix is replacing float and needle. I just had a similar issue with a 6.5. The new float and needle fixed the problem. Seems too much gas would run into bowl fubaring up the mixture. Also the vane needs air flow from the flywheel to work correctly, if you do not hit your target rpm it will not work properly.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am reposting having posted to an incorrect forum or one where answers are less too plentiful. I Googled this as both Duramax and silver pro "problem" and am overwhelmed by how common this is for owners. The problem is I do not find authoritative answers. Some hit and miss reaming of jets that seems to fail more than work...ie. make the engine run rich. Just need some good honest knowledgeable input on how to get 1 of 2 I own dependable and then work on getting my other older pair working or junked out. THANKS! My initial post is below.

Model 10247 type/serial 200006838. Have to continuously prime it to keep it running and eventually it will run. This is one of 2 I have that don't want to keep running. I suspect a carb issue but I can not find a replacement carb only rather expensive parts to rebuild what I think is a problem. Also that flapper that governs needs a helper spring but for the life of me I can't find the PN. Was told once I need to get two springs to stop the run up and run down of the RPMs, a separate but aggravating issue.
My yard is about half steep hills and I need the 2 stroker to prevent burning up a motor. I am afraid now that they aren't made It is going to be an up hill battle, pun intended.

If I were you the first thing I'd try is turfboy1997's suggestion about replacing the jet (he gives a specific part #). That was in the link that I posted in the other forum section. I'd fix that before spending time on anything else. The idea of tying to ream out a jet (as opposed to replacing it) seems like a last resort -- I think turfboy1997 has it right -- replace the jet.

Again... I have no personal experience with Dura-Force engines. Until a few months ago I had heard nothing but bad stuff about them but now I've come around a bit. I think a good way to fix the too-lean problem has been found. :cool:

Let us know how this comes out.