1999 xw2502-60 Dixie Chopper

dwchopper

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is anyone familiar with the XW2502-60 Quad Loop mower?
60" rigid deck no suspension at all on mower/ Kohler 23 HP motor
I purchased one last year when we moved and it ran perfect but after sitting through the winter with fuel stabilizer in it it is wanting to dog down real bad if I am trying to cut over 2 inches off of grass.
I have replaced blades due to one being bent , replaced spark plugs, changed oil /filter, new air filter, and did a quick carb clean.

Old plugs were real dirty but not burned out by any means.

Any ideas as well as any information that you can provide on this mower would be greatly appreciated.
I was told by a local Dixie Chopper distributor that this is a commercial mower when I purchased it from an individual but I am not real sure how much the local dealer knew because they have not been a great resource for parts or information.

Thanks for any input.

dixieseller

Threads
Your machine is a Dixie commercial machine, the"02" is a less expenive model(no amsoil bypass filter,may not have a "Tiny Tac" cheaper seat ect)
Not much you can do with carburators today, clean with spray carb cleaner, if that doesn't work - new carb $200+. need to use stabilizer in every tank of gas today

Bill Martin

Threads
I've had older choppers that always had plenty of power. I would say a carb issue is the problem. How'd you bend the blade initially.

Raw Dodge

Threads
Since you didn't mention replacing the fuel filter I would do that first. If it starts, and idles and runs ok part throttle you likely have crap in the main jet. The carburetor needs a good cleaning ,if you are on a budget you can always buy 2 cans of cheap carburetor cleaner(5.00) , take the carburetor off remove all the parts you can, clean everything as best you can, then what I do is take the smallest plastic jug, ( usually a medium sized water bottle) that the carburetor will fit in, cut the top off of it , set the carb body in it,and spray fill the jug up to cover the entire carburetor, I would not leave this in the garage attached to your house, it smells, let it set overnight then blow everything out with compressed air reassemble you should be good to go.. Just make sure you put the carb cleaner level a little higher than it needs to be , because you will get some evaporation overnight.
If you really want to take a chance you can also start the engine and let it run pinch off the rubber fuel line between the fuel pump and the carburetor, let it run till it's just about to stall then uncrimp the line, once in awhile you'll get lucky and it will blow the crap past the needle and seat, but usually it won't work it only takes a minute to dry my success rate is about 25 percent doing that