1998 46" Yardmachine Tranny Trouble

Aerowoot

Forum Newbie
Threads
Howdy, my unit will shift into low/high and reverse without any trouble but seems to hang in gear and you have to rock it to get it really into neutral. I had a problem popping drive belts and found the bolts that keep the tranny from rolling forward like the wheels do had fell out the bracket mount which I fixed, so I put new engine and trans drive belts on and now it seems to stick in gear.

Also:

The engine drive pulley, is it supposed to have the center part of the pulley move up and down as the speed selector is changed?

Thanks in advance.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Your belts are to tight. Wrong belts Or put on wrong

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Howdy, my unit will shift into low/high and reverse without any trouble but seems to hang in gear and you have to rock it to get it really into neutral. I had a problem popping drive belts and found the bolts that keep the tranny from rolling forward like the wheels do had fell out the bracket mount which I fixed, so I put new engine and trans drive belts on and now it seems to stick in gear.

Also:

The engine drive pulley, is it supposed to have the center part of the pulley move up and down as the speed selector is changed?

Thanks in advance.

The engine pulley shouldn't move but the center of the variable speed pulley back by the tranny does move up and down with the speed selector. Sounds like the drive belts are not disengaging completely causing the shift to hang up due to pressure on the shift collar gears.

Aerowoot

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK guys.....I was looking up the belt lengths earlier and will check to see if I have them on correct. I figured it would be a good time to replace the old belts but even after 14 years, the originals weren't bad at all.....I'll double check the lengths.

Thanks.

Aerowoot

Forum Newbie
Threads
Guy's......it was the brake hanging up. I got to adjust it now.

Thanks anyway.