1996 MTD Rider/Hydro-Gear transmission problem

jerryswiss

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just picked up a non-running MTD riding mower Model# 13AM690G352 with a Hydro-Gear hydrostatic transmission ( I can read this number on it 313-0650). When I got this machine it was a non runner. The unlock lever on the transmission was activated so you could push it around. I eventually locked it and now the transmission is locked up and you cannot move it, it will not unlock. When you start the engine the transmission just grinds if you try to take it out of neutral. I want to know if this transmission can be saved. I am in the process of removing it from the machine. Low on oil or a more serious problem? thanks

mnymiser1

Threads
I just picked up a non-running MTD riding mower Model# 13AM690G352 with a Hydro-Gear hydrostatic transmission ( I can read this number on it 313-0650). When I got this machine it was a non runner. The unlock lever on the transmission was activated so you could push it around. I eventually locked it and now the transmission is locked up and you cannot move it, it will not unlock. When you start the engine the transmission just grinds if you try to take it out of neutral. I want to know if this transmission can be saved. I am in the process of removing it from the machine. Low on oil or a more serious problem? thanks

Try finding a good used part. Hydro-Gear 313-0650 - Discontinued

Manufacturer

View Warranty Information
Hydro-Gear Authorized Substitution : The part number 313-0650 has been changed to 718-0255A. While the new part may look different, it is a manufacturer approved substitution.
No Longer Available : The part number 718-0255A has been discontinued by Hydro-Gear with no alternative. We apologize for any inconvenience.