1983 John Deere motor swap

Guzzigary777

Forum Newbie
Threads
The 11 hp B&S in my John Deere 111 has given up the ghost. I found a 12.5 hp B&S motor (almost identical) to replace it. Once installed, I changed the valve breather from the old motor onto the new one to accommodate the fuel pump. Now I notice the plug ins for the stator and regulator are different on the new motor. PLUS i CAN'T EVEN FIND THE REGULATOR on the old motor. Does anyone know what I need to make this work?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you would post the model number info for both the old and new engines, it would be easier to see what needs to be converted.

Cannon51

Threads
The 111's I have use a diode in the wire between the stater connector on the engine and the solenoid. I repowered one of mine with a 12 hp that had a 2 wire stater with a diode in the engine wiring. Does your 12.5 engine has a regulator or a diode in one of the wires. If it has a diode, make a wire to run that wire straight to the battery side of the solenoid. I don't remember seeing any 12.5 flathead engines with regulators but if it has one the DC out would go to the same post on the solenoid. I don't think it would hurt anything to keep both diodes (one on each side of the connector) in the line but the one on my tractor was bad.
Cannon

Cannon51

Threads
Maybe a wiring diagram.

Attachments

• deere 111 wireingdiag (1).pdf
    437.6 KB · Views: 16